Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Send the same invoice to multiple customers

Contributing Partner

13Posts

80Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

I help run a sporting club. I want a way to send a copy of the same fee invoice to all of the club members.

I currently use Recurring Sales but this is a bit cumbersome as I have to copy the sale to each customer, then when I edit it for next year, I have to edit all of them again. It's a bit difficult with 100-plus members.

I’d really love to just have one template that I could email to a bunch of people.

I'm sure other people would also like this functionality. I hope they vote for this idea.

"Send invoice to many"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps a way to quickly save a bulk number of invoices from a recurring template is needed? If you like this idea or have suggestions how it should work, vote for it and add your thoughts below.

31 Comments
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner

There are numerous clubs out there who use MYOB for which this could be beneficial but as to the logistics of it I'm unsure.

You may not be using the best system at present to do the membership invoice.  I would have one recurring/template invoice for membership and use that for all members. 

I would print a listing of all active club members to have as your guide and then you call up the invoice template, record for member A, then call it up and record for member B etc etc. 

The only thing needing altering (assuming the recurring invoice is set to save changes) is the first invoice which I assume would have a description 'Membership fees for 2013" and the customer that is being invoiced.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

I'm in total agreement with the comments posted by Julie (MummaMia).

One such organisation using MYOB with over 500 members, deal with membership subscription renewals using an MS Word Mail Merge template to invoice those renewals to its members.  They do this because it is more efficient for them than to use a recurring/template invoice over 500 times to get the job done; thus taking less than a day to do rather than several days.

Members (Customer) details are exported from MYOB to perform the Mail Merge.  When subscription payments are received they are recorded in MYOB as receive money using a recurring 'Receive Money' transaction.

It would be great if the functionality was available in MYOB to efficiently account for everything within such organisations.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Have a look at Membership manager done by Computing solutions - an addon for MYOB up to V19.x - www.computingsolutions.co.nz - it works with Australian programmes too I think.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Jenny,

The earlier comments made are relative to AR2011/2012; so your comment appears inappropriate.

Thank you.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I don't believe it to be inappropriate - as soon as the API is working for 2011/2012 - I'm sure that this addon will work in these versions as well - maybe not a solution for now - but definately in the future.

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps a way to quickly save a bulk number of invoices from a recurring template is needed? If you like this idea or have suggestions how it should work, vote for it and add your thoughts below.
BenHick
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We are a golf club who invoice 450 members annually. We use the Identifiers section heavily to track member types (as we have many). It would be fantastic if you could do bulk invoices using identifiers. For example, say we have 200 members who are in the 'Full' category (identifier 'AT') it would be great if you could just say invoice all AT cards with the 'Full' members recurring invoice.

Also, a side note, we have currently used all identifiers so would be great if more could be added or a way to customise these.

Cheers,

Ben

Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have been asked to come up with a membership fee solution for a local men's shed with over 240 members. Using MYOB is a no-brainer as it is so easy to use but I'm sure if this facility could be easily introduced.

For the MYOB developers to consider.

1. Create an invoice template containing all the information that is expected to be duplicated in each invoice. EG Membership fees 2012-3 - $50.00

2. Provide a drop down list that allows the user to select all or any of the members.

3. Provide a message box that asks for permission to invoice all / some members. 

4. Provide a message box that asks for permission to print / e-mail those invoices

5. Provide a facility to print mailing labels.

Easy Peasy!

Greg

Extra functionality could also be implemented with some of the other suggestions mentioned earlier (such as identifiers for full or partial memebrship etc)

Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

As a further comment regarding the ability to invoice many people with similar criteria (E.G. membership fees for a club), does the new cloud accounting options such as MYOB Live offer the facility to import a set of names and addresses from MS Excel? I understand these details are currently kept in a spreadsheet so uploading this easily into a cloud solution would expedite the whole process.

Thanks

Greg

Kerry_Black
Super Partner
482 Posts
Super Partner

I like Growers suggestions, but I would also add the ability to invoice from custom lists as well as identifiers