Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Include header accounts in select account drop downs

Partner

243Posts

464Kudos

0Solutions

243 Posts
Partner
Australia

MYOB allows you to create Header accounts in the Accounts List and other lists (e.g. jobs, items, categories etc)

But why does it not show these headers in the drop down boxes for ease of reference? (I know we cannot code to them, but it would be are really handy reference point).

For example:

Accounts list looks like:

Training & Development (header account)

Engineering (GL account)

Construction (GL account)

Staff Amenities (header account)

Engineering (GL account)

Drop down box looks like:

Engineering (GL account)

Engineering (GL account)

(how are we supposed to easily know which account is which?)

I do think this would be a useful feature for making sure the correct account is quickly selected.  What do other people think? If you agree with the simple suggestion, please vote for it.

"Header Accounts - Ease of use"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2013

Many thanks for your feedback. This seems like a very sensible and popular idea. We will consider it for inclusion in a future update of AccountRight.

4 Comments
PaperworkPlace
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

agree, as sometimes need to compare printed reports to on screen accounts list, particulary when have similar expenses for different areas (eg: property expenses for different addressess).

Murph
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree this would be useful. Workaround of adding Header to account name

eg Staff Amenities - Engineering

ends up with some long account names!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Many thanks for your feedback. This seems like a very sensible and popular idea. We will consider it for inclusion in a future update of AccountRight.
Matt
Trusted Cover User
31 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Oh, I so agree with this.