Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money/Receive Money: Enter key to navigate to the next line

Trusted User

230Posts

137Kudos

3Solutions

230 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand

Hi, when I'm posting entries in Spend Money, I use the TAB key to move between fields.  If I'm splitting the coding for an entry, once I keyed the amount for a particular GL code I used to use the ENTER key to create a new line (ready for the next post).  This is not working.  It continues to tab through the fields, and once the cursor is in the memo field it then starts creating blank lines within the memo field. 

I'm having to TAB all the way through to the end of the line, which is when it then creates a new line for me to continue the entries - dare I say it again, having to take my fingers off the keyboard and use the mouse.

It doesn't make a difference to data entry if I have a tick in the preference box or not.

"The Enter Key not working correctly?"

Hope this makes sense and you can help. Can we please have the simple things that worked in v19 in 2012, please.

Julz

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi Everyone

When a user selects the Enter key when entering a Spend Money Transaction in AccountRight 2016 it will go to the next line of the transaction rather than tabbing to the next field.

3 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When a user selects the Enter key when entering a Spend Money Transaction in AccountRight 2016 it will go to the next line of the transaction rather than tabbing to the next field.

IASKA
1 Post
Cover User

Just uploaded the latest Account Right v. 2017.1.19.7037 [having bought v. 2016 last year]. In both versions Unticking "The enter key works just like the tab key when entering some data" still does NOT work [unlike previous versions and versions I use with other clients]. I.e. when I have finished entering ANY transaction I just want to hit the Enter key and have the screen cleared. I can't believe other users have not complained about this issue. And it's still not fixed in the latest upgrade.

Paul_Maconochie
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As of July 2021 there is still a problem. Tabbing through the fields in Spend Money, for example, works as it expected until you are in the transaction window. Then continuing to presss on tab opens a new transaction line.

Tab should take you to the next field and hence quickly through to Record. Instead, frustratingly it does not and you have to take your hands off the keyboard and use a mouse to navigate to "Record".

I would encourage the MYOB programmers to work with programme when they will understand that,  unless you are a complete newbie (and we all were once) keyboard shortcuts are much more efficient than swapping between mouse and keyboard. E.g. in the tax field a simple "g" entry should be all I need to indicate that an item has GST applied.

Abiding by Windows standards helps reduce frustrations.