Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money/Receive Money: Select default account (not top bank account)

Experienced Cover User

68Posts

47Kudos

0Solutions

68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

You can select a default bank account for Sales and Purchases, why doesn't this account default for Spend/Receive Money or have the ability to choose a default account, it is not necessarily the first Bank Account in the list that you want to be your default.  We recently changed our bank accounts, and have not closed the previous one, now I have to select the bank account every time I enter a transaction.

"The ability to select a Default Bank Account for Spend/Receive Money"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2018

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

5 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @vt12

I would just change the account numbering so that the new account you want as the default is the top / first one.

Cheers

david

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

h2o
7 Posts
Cover User

Verious  Default bank account would be great. Our superannuation always comes out automatically out of a different account,  however  this isn't the default account. It too easy to forget to change the account. 

remote_user
7 Posts
Cover User

It would be extremely useful, and amazingly beneficial for productivity, if one could establish a particular bank account as the preferred default account for transactions. At present, MYOB defaults to the account which is top of the list by account number. I guess a solution is to simply change the account number, though I don't know if such an action would have unintended consequences... simpler though would be to allow the set up of a default bank account.

Paul_Maconochie
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I strongly support this suggestion.

It is very tedious to be continually changing the Pay from Account default that MYOB imposes to the one that I actually use. MYOB creates extra key strokes and extra work. It would be so easy to make this better.