Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Tabbing into the Memo field using the right arrow to take you to end of the memo

Experienced Cover User

14Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello

Do you realise how frustrating it is when the TAB and arrow keys do not work the way they are supposed to? When you TAB down to highlight (eg Memo in Spend Money)  area, you are supposed to use the right arrow key to be able to type something after what is already written there. This version of MYOB has decided not to do that and it leaves you at the begining of the memo and you have to arrow across to be able to type. This must be the only program that does this, even "Word" and outlook express use this correctly, not to mention the previous version of MYOB AccountRight Plus.

Is there any chance it can be looked at and updated?

Thanks for your time

Kym

"TAB and arrow keys"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2015

Thanks for your suggestion @MDFServices  Anyone else who would the arrow key to take you to the end of the field (which the end key currently does) after tabbing into to a field, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

3 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @MDFServices  Anyone else who would the arrow key to take you to the end of the field (which the end key currently does) after tabbing into to a field, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

lyndor1
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a constant annoyance. I have to always complete my invoices with typing a colour, so i can use the  item number and the description comes up but then I have to find the end of that to type something. When the description is a 2 liner then it is a hit or a miss trying to get the curser at the end. The endless usage of the mouse is so frustrating. 

KymW
5 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree - very frustrating and slow, having to stop, click the mouse curser to the end of the existing description to add more info. Please FIX!