Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Remember Me Log in access to my.myob

Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
New
New

It would be good if the "Remember Me" option would remember only the email address and not require the password as well. Essentials does this already. This is a security risk!

"Remember Me Log in access to my.myob"

2 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @jenniek, in regard to using my.myob logins to access cloud files, I think MYOB needs to be aware of what has been happening, as reported by consultants and their clients.

One consultant reported recently that his email account and his my.myob login had been hacked, and a good number of his many clients' cloud files had been accessed at times when he was asleep or not working. Supplier bank accounts had been changed. It's unclear whether actual losses eventuated, but fraudulent payments had been created ready for submission.

Another consultant has reported a loss due to an IT consultant's login being compromised or misused.

At least one other consultant has reported fraud arising from unauthorised changes to supplier bank accounts.

The risks are now too great to ignore.

Could MYOB please action Jennie's suggestion as a mattter of utmost urgency?

Two-factor authentication of my.myob logins has been suggested as the best approach to deter hackers. It would be unwise to merely rely on consultants to change their passwords regularly, but if that could be enforced, and strong passwords enforced also, then the risks could be minimised.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Mike,

Yes - I read about that consultant too - and was absolutely shocked - hence why I have removed the "remember me" - MYOB needs to act on this!!