Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: See who is currently in the file - active workstations

18Posts

96Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Partner
Australia
  1. Could MYOB Tech guys please set up a function where the Administrator can see who is actually online using the data file?  Or is there a way to see that now? 

"Users Online"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the suggestion Kathavachat. Any other users interested in this, please vote for this idea.

25 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the suggestion Kathavachat. Any other users interested in this, please vote for this idea.
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

This woudl be very useful!

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree, this would be very useful. 

PeterLeonard
Trusted Cover User
170 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Please bring back the Active Users or Active Wprkstations option. You go to do something and get "Make sure you are th eonly user" so you then race around the building and phone the person working from home etc etc before doing anything. Ridiculous.

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I agree the Active Workstations was a great idea in the classic version and saved a lot of time running around trying to workout whom is on the system.

In V2015.1 prior to performing a backup, I have to ensure all users are lodge off by ringing around or physically checking workstations if unattended.  This is a real hassle and a waste of time.

Please bring back this feature?

Isn't MYOB all about saving time?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mags

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

As @Steven_M has noted there is no lock file etc. but MYOB still 'kmows who is inputting into the file as it can give us a user in the security  report.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When someone signs in MYOB knows who are they are as they have to enter their user name and password, and MYOB also can easily tell when that person logs out by trapping (as it's calling programming) when the program is exited.

MYOB will already have code ensuring that the logged in user can only access the parts of the program they are allowed to visit so it will be easy for them to record them logging out when the program is exited.

Therefore it should be easy for MYOB to build a list of active users, just record all users that login to a table including the date / time they logged in.

My 2c.

Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81

Thank you for providing your comments in regards to this idea.

As others have mentioned AccountRight does keep a database record of which users are recording the transactions and when they have logged in and logged out of a company file. At this stage you are unable to see what users are logged in to the file at one particular time.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M

I think you are missing the point.

AR must know at all times who is logged in as otherwise the security applied per user would not work.

If the data is stored it is as simple as making a view to display that information.

Thanks.