Forum Discussion

Lmcstack
Experienced User
2 years ago

Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi there,

Just completed payrun for 2 different companies and was unable to connect to STP ATO reporting - received the following message :

"Something went wrong at our end.  Sorry about that.  Youll need to come back later and try again."

I have gone back several times and each time I try to access the Payroll Reporting Centre I receive the same message?

Can someone please confirm if there is a known issue with MYOB and/or ATO STP reporting???

145 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Lmcstack
    Experienced User

Hi there,

Can anyone confirm whether they are also having problems with STP not working?

Both payruns that I have just completed were unable to submit the STP report to ATO coming up with message "Something went wrong at our end - Sorry about that.  You'll need tocome back later and try again." 

I've tried several times now to access the Payroll Reporting Centre and I am also receiving the same message.

Thanks Lynne

Tuscani
      User

Hi.

I have had this trouble ever since I updated to 2022.8. I have not been able to log into Payroll Reporting Centre for over 2 weeks now and I still havent been given any information to rectifiy this problem

AccountsHughes
      Contributing User

Also having same problem.  Reported to MYOB last week via phone and forum.  Their answer- it is a problem at my end.  But seems not just me.

sharonstratton8
        User

it is ridiculous to wait for 2 hours to  speak someone about STP not working. They said I have to upload to Live and promise to give me a call on Friday. but that is not phone call on Friday. this morning I spend 1 and half hours to speak someone to upload the MYOB. But the phone line cut off  twice. What a waste time.

Inline2911
      User

Have had the same issue, from last wednesday's payrun 21/9/22 aswell as todays.

• Hello Lmcstack 

Are you able to please send a console log when the error pops up. I have linked our Help Article which will give instructions on how to get the console log

Once you have done that, are you able to please try logging into the web browser version of AccountRight at app.myob.com in your Google Chrome browser and see if the same issue happens?

Please let me know how you go.

The_Doc
      Ultimate Partner

Hi MYOB

I have just spent hours with a client trying to solve this problem.

From my perspective the error appears to be associated with 2022.8 and a serial number for the company.

Here is my attempt to try to solve.

This client has 10 MYOB files but because I negotiated a contract price for them the 10 serial numbers for that contract is registered to me - but they remain owners (that is just fill in as I think this will be a problem if the client rings MYOB help - not withstanding the long wait and the 1000 questions they will be asked).

Of those 10 files - 2 are on line (because they run payroll) the 3rd - their main file is not online and is server based (but will be going online because of STP II)  - but is connected to my 3rd party Job Costing which needs conversion to onliine access - due to be completed Nov 22). Again just fill in.

All their files are accessed via an RDP server with Server edition installed which now updates automatically.

Until Wed this week even though the server had updated to 2022.8 but they continued to use 2022.7

STP is still ver I.

They were able to access Payroll Reporting without problem - with their ownline files and their local file.

On Wednesday (coincidentally the client had a payroll question to do with fiures not balalncing with payroll and Payroll reporting) and at that stage they were still opening in 2022.7 but 2022.8 was installed.

I replied to the query - at at the same time asked them to use 2022.8 by selecting upgrade when they opened the file - this was done Wed afternoon - but since then - Payroll Reporting comes up with - "oops something went wrong".

Because payroll reporting is highly user specific I cannot open and check this with my logon.

So I logged onto their server as adminstrator - local file opened in 2022.8 and logged in as the payroll person and then with her on the phone she gave me her myob payroll logon credentials - and ther same error "oops something went wrong" 

I then opened the online file from my own server (that I run my own company files from) - from which PAyroll reporting is STP II - and all works fine in 2022.8 with my company files.

I opened my clients ownline file using her logon and again her payroll reporting credentials "oops something has gone wrong".

And lastly (but I don't think this will work anyway (as I think the online ATO STP access uses tokens and an old file rolled back will cause an error) but I found a backup of the online file from Monday - restored it locally - opened it in 2022.7 - tried Payroll reporting "oops something happened".

I am out of options MYOB - but suspect it is 2022.8 somehow perhaps not using the correct tokens - but we cannot roll back as the ATO Payroll reporting is token and age controlled.

Help MYOB - ringing help line will be a mindless exercise of wait and being asked a 100 different needless questions.

The Doc

PenJ
        Experienced Cover User

I have had the same issue for the last week, unable check payroll details or send the STP file to the ATO. I run my files on the server edition. Today by phone MYOB support told me they sent me an email weeks ago (which they did not) saying we now have NO choice and the deferral to 1 Jan is no longer valid and we have to immediately move our files to the cloud to stay compliant. She refused to escalate me to anyone else and said I MUST move the files to the cloud. We are VERY unhappy about this lack of notice/preparation period.

IhateMYOBupgrad
      Experienced Cover User

We are having the same problem.  We are not online and have a server.

Edwina
      Experienced Cover User

I am having this problem this morning - how can this be resolved? No clue about console reports but it seems to not be a unique issue

• We are experiencing the same error for over a week now. The workaround for now that I've used: I run payroll in our software on my laptop, get the error, click continue payroll without declaring until all pays processed for the run, go to payroll page, click on payroll reporting, click on "payroll reporting centre", take you to a internet browser window to log into payroll reporting centre online via browser, click on payroll, click on "single touch payroll reporting" on the drop down menu, find where "status" says not sent, click on "not sent", additional info pops up to the right hand side, scroll down to "send to ATO", status will update to "sent", go back a bit later and check that status has updated to "accepted".  Quite a convoluted manual process for what should be one click to send to ATO during payroll for each transaction as you process it but at least I know that they are all declared on the days payroll processed.

Smooth
      Experienced User

Hello

We also have same issue when attempting to lodge payroll reporting:

"Something went wrong at our end. Sorry about that. You'll need to come back later and try again."

We are unable to put our company file online due to very large file size, so as recommended by MYOB we store our company file on a server.

Please advise when MYOB will be fixing this issue.

HEAL
      Experienced User

We are also getting this "Something went wrong at our end" error message when connecting to Payroll Reporting Centre and sending payroll to the ATO.  Phoned MYOB a few days ago - overseas call centre - spoke to 3 different people - was on phone for almost 2 hours (mostly on hold) and then got cut off.  MYOB used to have brilliant tech help over the phone.  So disappointing.   Will have to try phoning again today but I have no faith in getting this fixed.  My workaround is using the browser version to "send to ATO".  Not good enough MYOB!

kgordon
    Experienced User

Has anyone had a resolution to this problem ("Something Went Wrong At Our End" message" trying to connect to the Payroll Reporting Centre?) yet?

Smooth
      Experienced User

Hi All

Yes, I have just achieved some degree of success..........

For many years we have been running our MYOB (AR 2022.8) company file on a office Server (i.e. we do not store our company file online), and in our office we have four PC's, all of which are running Windows 8.1 (which are set to receive automatic updates).

With increasing frustration due to the difficulty in getting a response from MYOB (although ChrisMYOB has sent through some helpful insights), I decided to employ the services of an IT Consultant. He reviewed all MYOB System Requirements and very quickly concluded that the latest MYOB update 2022.8 was conflicting with Windows 8.

He then updated one of our office PC's to Windows 10.

I then opened our MYOB company file using Windows 10 and clicked on Payroll Reporting Centre and was successfully able to upload our "Not Sent" payroll file from 2 weeks ago.

Needless to say, I have now asked our IT Consultant to update all our PC's to Windows 10.

I would also suggest to MYOB (hopefully they read this post), to amend their published System Requirements.

PenJ
        Experienced Cover User

Well done. We gave up and moved up to the cloud, as our understanding is that we all have to do that by end of the year anyway for STP Phase 2.

RobynHDC
    Contributing User

I am unable to connect to the Payroll Reporting Centre as well. Same message. Help would be appreciated.

kgordon
    Experienced User

One month and 120 replies later and I'm still none-the-wiser as to why STP suddenly glitched on my desktop. If it is because my windows version no longer supports myob then, please, let me know!!! Apart from processing payroll via the web version, all of the suggested technical workarounds are way above my paygrade - thanks Paul and others for trying, though! What once took a minute or two now takes  several, and it's more than a little irritating that we're paying for upgrades that often don't serve our business at all.

LynneP
    Experienced Cover User

I am running windows 11 and Accountright 2022.10.  MYOB is now very slow to load after the update.  In the interim MYOB suggested I should downgrade to Windows 10. I did not. I was advised to use the browser. The funtionality is inferior, Myob Essentials?  The formatting is different.  I do not have time to learn a new process.  Why would I continue to pay for AccountRight if I cannot use it? 

I am also getting an MYOB error message when I tried to lodge the Payroll Reporting Declaration.

I also tried to lodge by loading the Payroll Reporing Centre "button" and received the same error message. "Something went wrong on MYOB's end and come back later."

Upgrading to Accountright 2022.10 wasted nearly 2 day's work and involved   5 HOURS and 3 MINUTES on hold on the second attempt.

I am now late to report to ATO, will MYOB pay the late lodgement fine?

Can anyone advise how to lodge to ATO?

Lynne

PRF
      Experienced Cover User

Lynne (LynneP),

Did the STP error occur when you used a local installation of AccountRight rather than the online browser based version?

If so, would you be able to share the Huxley log file for one of your sessions when the STP failure occurred?  It will have the error(s) when connecting to MYOB for the STP transactions.

Regards

Paul

LynneP
        Experienced Cover User

Thank you Paul.

I have logged onto the browser and sent the STP report.  The status is sending.

Back to the error message.  Where do I locate the Huxley details and do I send a copy to you by reply here or by another method.

Is it the same as the "console" details?

regards

Lynne