I cannot generate a new payroll since finalising the payroll to ATO today and got 50 employees overdue to be paid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BogicJB
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I cannot generate a new payroll since finalising the payroll to ATO today and got 50 employees overdue to be paid

I have cleared cache

I have checked reports and figures match

I have tried desktop and online version

I have been on hold and on live chat for hours and nothing suggested works

I have tried everything and the file will not link to STP so will not generate a payroll file

We have been using STP2 from begining of year and still shows linked

When I go to the payroll command centre to prepare a pay run, I enter the necessary details and hit record but when I complete the ATO/STP box to send STP details it keeps failing bringing an error and so no payroll file creates to prepare for bank upload. I already have 50 employees with an overdue payroll so this is quite urgent. I already spent 3 hours on live chat today and nobody could help me. No solutions worked.

So irritating considering I cannot speak to anyone and went through hours of support today and noone cares/helps

6 REPLIES 6
Nicky2360
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: I cannot generate a new payroll since finalising the payroll to ATO today and got 50 employees overdue to be paid

Have you had a solution for this?

BogicJB
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Re: I cannot generate a new payroll since finalising the payroll to ATO today and got 50 employees overdue to be paid

Kind of.

I still have some questions as the EOFY finalisations do not seem to have sent/linked properly either. They still show in mygov as not tax ready and that the last time they were sent from MYOB is 5th July even though I have removed the finalisation on the 7th July and tried sending it from MYOB again to make them tax ready.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Re: I cannot generate a new payroll since finalising the payroll to ATO today and got 50 employee...

Hi @BogicJB 

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the delay of response.

May I know what is the error message you received when processing the pay run? If you could also attach a screenshot of the error message.

Regarding with the status "Tax Not Ready" in mygov account, please check if in the EOFY Finalisation tab the Final indicator is already ticked. If yes, but still shows as "Tax Not Ready", we recommend getting in touch with the ATO since you've already done the process of finalisation.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

NikkiParsons
Partner
262 Posts
Partner
Australia

262Posts

89Kudos

19Solutions

@BogicJB are you still listed as authorised in the Business Portal? This happened to us as an agent when a new accountant took over and they had the Director change all authorities to them which removed us. 

I don't know if you are an employee or agent but I do know from this experience is the ATO are using the Business Portal as the point of authority and if you're not authorised, you cannot submit a STP event.

Hope this helps.

GMorris
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My issue is the same. The message received is:

Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: ea0e3ab4-c224-4fa8-a803-6602ec6dd517.

Pam1982
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did you get a solution for this

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post