Forum Discussion

rach2
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

P&L Report

HI,

I'm trying to run a P&L report in Accountright. Whichever date range I enter I receive an error message 'the selected date range is invalid'

• HI rach2 

As the script doesn't appear to be working as intended for you, I've arranged for the company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair.

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi rach2 

When running a Profit and Loss report in AccountRight you do need to ensure that the dates that are being entered fall within the same financial year.

You would also need to ensure that the dates entered are in the current, next, or a previous financial year, based on the file. You can see the financial year your company file is in via Setup>>Company Information. For example, say you are in the 2019 financial year you would be able to produce the reports for 01/07/2018 - 30/06/2019 (current), 01/07/2019 - 30/06/2020 (next), and previous years, assuming a standard Australian Financial year. If you are needing to produce a Financial year report outside of that period i.e. 01/07/2020 - 30/06/2021, you would be looking at closing your financial year. By doing this it will update the financial year and thus allow for those reports to be run. Depending on the current financial year you may have to complete the Close a Financial Year process multiple times.

The other option to closing the financial year is to use the AccountRight Browser interface to run those reports. This should allow those reports to be run without the need of that financial year barrier being in place.

rach2
      Experienced User

Thanks.

I have closed the financial year 2019 multiple times and 2020 multiple times but still no good.

My company information still says I'm in year 2019 and I still cant run P&L for 1/7/20 to 31/12/20.

Thanks, Rachel

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi rach2 

If you have completed the File>>Close a Financial Year process i.e. select Next, ensure that the Your next financial year line is listing the new year (Your Financial year will be 2020, running from 01/07/2019 to 30/06/2020) before selecting Next and then Close the Financial Year, the financial year should be updated to be the new financial year.

If you are finding the financial year is not updating when completing that process can you indicate what the financial year and last month in the financial year is before the process - Setup>>Company Information and what the values are after the process. Also, knowing whether you are encountering an error message using that Close a Financial year process would be ideal as well.