Forum Discussion

AW8
User
2 months ago

Data field showing incorrectly on invoice

Hi everyone,

I have set Customer Terms to 30 days with Payment is Due 'In a Given No. of Days'. I have added Data Field 'terms' to my invoice template. However regardless of the terms set in the customer card, the 'terms' appear in the invoice as 'Net [Balance Due Days] after EOM', rather than what the customer card setting is.

I have tried all the different Payment is Due options, but regardless the invoice shows 'Net [Balance Due Days] after EOM'.

Does anyone know how to fix the setup so that the Terms on the invoice correlate to the Payment is Due text on the Customer Card?

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AW8,

Thanks for your post. I recommend rechecking the setup of your invoices by using the guide in this help article, Editing Invoices. If the issue still persists after going through the process, may we request a screenshot of the exact data field you're referring to to check this on our end? Please note to hide any important information on the screenshot before posting it here in the forum.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Shella

AW8
      User

Hi Shella,

Thanks for your assistance. I can’t see the solution in those instructions. The data field I'm referring to is 'Terms' in the invoice setup.

Attached is sample invoice 22998_2 showing terms ‘Net 30th after EOM’.  However it should show ’30 days’ as per the customer setup, see attached ‘CMC payment terms’. Regardless of which payment terms I select on the customer profile, the Terms on the invoice all appear as 'Net XXth after EOM' rather than the selected Terms on the customer profile (In a No. of given days, COD, Prepaid etc)

Would you be able to let me know how to fix this please?

Many thanks,

Anne-Marie

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AW8,

Thanks for your post and for providing the screenshot requested. As you're setting a fixed number of days, entering a number such as 30 or 31 may affect customer statement reporting for months with less than 30 or 31 days. If payments are due on the last day of the next month, use the following option provided in the article: Setting credit terms.

If the issue still persists after you recheck this, I highly recommend getting in touch through our online help center, MOCA, as this may need further investigation. However, if MOCA isn't able to provide the specific help you require, don't worry! Our live chat team is also available to assist you further in fixing this.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella