Here's a novel idea - FIX ALL THE BUGS. And in particular, recurring transaction reminder alert user selection

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Here's a novel idea - FIX ALL THE BUGS. And in particular, recurring transaction reminder alert user selection

When trying to edit a recurring transaction, the user to receive the reminder alert changes to whoever is editing the schedule. Why??? From what I can see, it was a known issue back in 2021. I shouldn't have to reselect it each time, and sometimes I might not even know who it's supposed to be! As other users have reported in archived/closed posts, there's no way to report who receives alerts, so as soon as I open the edit schedule window, I can no longer see who should be receiving the alerts because the system fills in my name...   (If there is a way to do it, I haven't found it, and it would be useless after I've accidentally saved it with my name anyway.)

There should be a whole other section (if not in the forum, then directly to MYOB) for reporting bugs - these are not 'ideas'. They are things that have broken that your developers and decision-makers can't be bothered addressing.

12 REPLIES 12
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Here's a novel idea - FIX ALL THE BUGS. And in particular, recurring transaction reminder ale...

Hi @H-TS,

Thank you for your post. I understand it is important for you to resolve this issue. I have already provided relevant information in one of your posts with the same concern. You can visit this link

You can contact us again if you still need further assistance. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Here's a novel idea - FIX ALL THE BUGS. And in particular, recurring transaction reminder ale...

Actually, no, your other replies tell me how to use recurring transactions, which I already use. My issue is that when editing a schedule, the person being notified changes back to me instead of the name that had been selected. Completely different issue.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @H-TS,

Thank you for the update. Could you please confirm, after you edit the recurring transaction, have you tried to copy a recurring transaction? I replicate this and it works on my end. After following the steps on editing schedule, click the recurring transaction List then click Create a copy. Select the card the copied template to and enter a name for the recurring transaction. then click Save. 

copied template

Please let me know how you go on with this. If you have already taken the above steps and the issue persists, I will continue to communicate with you via private message to gather additional information. 

Thank you,

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

@Celia_B 

Thanks again. I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing although I appreciate you trying to help.

What I mean is, the name in this field changes to my name whenever I click on 'edit schedule' of any recurring transaction, regardless of whose name is there before I try to edit.

It should stay as whoever it was saved as previously.

Making a copy and opening the copy results in the same thing. My name is always in that field even though the reminders are currently set to go to other people. I should be able to edit schedules on other transactions rather than asking each person to edit their own. 

M 2024 01 12.jpg
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @H-TS,

I am sorry to hear you still have the issue after following the steps that I provided. When you add a name on the recurring transaction for advice, it reverts to another. I checked on this issue with our team. As of this moment, it is not possible to provide you with the workaround as this has been raised to our relevant team for investigation. but rest assured that this will be looked after by our team to investigate. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.  

Meanwhile, if you have questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @H-TS,

We hope this message finds you well. Rest assured that this issue has been looked up by our team.  If you still have other questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to help.  

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Thanks again @Celia_B 

Does that mean it should have been fixed now, or have they simply looked at it? Were they able to replicate and confirm the issue?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @H-TS,

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this issue. The team review the issue and has already been escalated to our developers. There is currently no time frame for when the fix would be available, but rest assured that this is looked at as a priority and we'll provide communications and updates once the issue has been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post