Forum Discussion

RandIEwing
Contributing User
10 months ago

Statements showing a balance owing on screen but actual and printed outstanding is zero

We have about three customers who show a balance outstanding against their name in MYOB - Enter Order / Invoice.  however, these customers do not owe us any money and statements come back with the correct zero amount owned.  is there any way we can close these "uncleared" amounts so that the customers account is zero as it should be, thank you for letting us know.

Iris

5 Replies

• Hi RandIEwing

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how important it is that all information on all screens of the application is correct. May I clarify which screen we are referring to? Also, any screenshots or information regarding the issue would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

RandIEwing
      Contributing User

Hello Genreve / Team,

Thank you for your reply.

We have two scenarios where the outstanding amounts don't quite match up:

1. To do list - Accounts receivable - 3 invoices from the same customer showing a $0.01 balance outstanding.  This balance is not listed on their statement, or showing when entering a new order.  the amounts are from 2016 & 2018, and while it doesn't really matter as such it would be nice to see them gone off the to-do list. apart from the 3 invoices above the screen displays correctly. 

2. Statements - 3 different customers (All trading in USD currency) different to the above show an outstanding balance on screen.  and when entering a new order.  These customers have a zero balance outstanding and when printing the statement it prints correctly at zero balance, again whilst it does not affect the outstanding balances, it would be good not to have to waste printing the statement each month.  All invoices should be closed as they are paid in full. All others show and print correctly.

The Sales Register - Open Invoices is working fine and displays correctly all current outstanding invoices.

All transactions in the "unclosed" state are very old and are trading in USD.  we have invoice numbers from the accounts receivable screen but for the second issue, we have no amounts close to what is being displayed, partly paid invoices, credits or anything else (as far as we know) that should leave a balance against the customer.

Thank you for your help and please let me know if I can provide any more information.

Regards

Iris Ewing

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RandIEwing,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. In the To-Do List, where you have three invoices showing a $0.01 balance outstanding, kindly review these invoices to ensure that all payments and credits have been accurately applied.

if you have customers who appear to have outstanding balances in the "Enter Order/Invoice" section but their statements correctly show a zero balance, you can try the following steps to reconcile these discrepancies:

Verify Transactions: Double-check all transactions related to these customers. Ensure that all invoices, payments, and credits are correctly entered, dated, and matched to the appropriate customer accounts.

Currency Settings: Confirm that the currency settings for these customers are accurate and match the invoices, payments, and credits. Any discrepancies in currency settings can cause apparent outstanding balances. Working with multiple currencies

Please do let me know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl