Duplicated sale and payment info

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Duplicated sale and payment info

Hello all, I have a problem which just refuses to resolve. I issued a deposit invoice to a customer for a piece of equipment we didn't have in stock on 29/08/2022. They paid for it on 2 September but because the item wasn't in stock and it forms part of our inventory I left it as a sales order until it arrived. I then placed an order for 3 of these items. Fast forward to early January and the order arrives from Italy. I now need to issue the balance invoice to the customer and as the equipment has now arrived I convert the sales order to an invoice to take 1 of the units out of stock. Note: The balance invoice does not remove another unit from stock as I have a special code used for progress invoices. A while later I'm tidying up the entries and finishing the costings and I see that I only have 1 unit left in stock instead of 2. I go through the transactions and I see that the deposit invoice has duplicated and that the payment has been applied to both invoices but each version of the deposit invoice has removed one of the units from stock. The payment looks like it is applied to both copies of the invoice and I can't delete either one as a payment has been applied. I can't remove the payment either - it doesn't even give me that as an option and neither can I delete the transfer from deposits journal entry. If anyone can advise me on what I've done wrong and how I can rectify it I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to just increase the stock because this error is sure to come back to haunt me at some point! Many thanks for any help!

Rod King 1.png
Rod King 2.png
Rod King 3.png
Rod King 4.png
Rod King 5.png
8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Duplicated sale and payment info

Hi @HethBennett 

Thank you for providing those screenshots - it does certainly look like an interesting case.

I wonder if we can get a screenshot of the Sales>>Sales Register - All Sales tab for that invoice -- enter the invoice number into the Search window. 

If multiple records appear can you select and open both or one or none of them? Would be good to get a copy of the error log -- if it does error out (if it is the Something has gone wrong... message, there should be a View Error log option in the bottom left). In addition, if they do open does it give you the same information on both or has it duplicated the sales exactly (screenshots would be great if they can be supplied).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven, thanks for getting back to me. I can open both versions of invoice 2422. I don't get an error log. Regarding the 2 invoices: Everything was the same but I amended the sale info on one of the invoices so it didn't refer to a stock item. I've already posted the payment info I think. Let me know if you need anything else!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @HethBennett 

Thank you for providing those screenshots.

Based on the fact that you can edit the transactions independently from one another we don't think it is a duplicate per say. While they may have been generated the same, they appear to be 2 separate transactions. However, there is a way to test this - the recommendation is to change the invoice number on one of the transactions and then go to Find Transactions to see if you have the two transactions still with that invoice number or one with the correct invoice number and the other updated one.

If you have the situation where you indeed have two transactions with the same amount (the original and the updated one) where you can't delete one due to the transfer from deposit we would need to grab a screenshot of the Find Transaction filtered by that amount showing the transactions associated with that amount.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. I changed one of the invocies to number 2422A and left the other one as 2422.

I have taken screenshots as per the attached word doc. Even with the changed invoice number both invoices have been paid by the same single deposit and neither can be deleted due to the payment having been applied. Further, I cannot delete or remove the payment at all.

Hopefully I have understood your request correctly and have provided everything needed.

Regards, Heather Bennett

HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Sorry, not sure why the doc didn't update with all the snips. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @HethBennett 

Thank you for confirming that information and screenshots.

One final thing we do need you to check would be to run the Find transactions>> Account>>All Accounts with that a suitable date range. In the Amount From and To enter that deposit amount ($2350,00) before selecting OK. We just want to make sure that there isn't an actual duplicate payment transaction.

If there hasn't been that duplicate, I have sent you a separate email about arranging for that company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

HethBennett
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Morning Steven, ok I think I have gone through the process correctly. As per attached I have clicked on each transaction in the process and taken a screenshot. But when it comes to the payment, if you click on it you just get taken to a blank screen. Then if I type in the invoice 2422 I get the 2 invoices pop up. I will send our data file through for repair later today. Just busy catching up on the work from the past few days as I have been working in the community on cyclone relief (we're based in Hawkes Bay) and have a bit of a backlog.

Cheers Heather

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @HethBennett 

The screenshots you have provided have shown enough of what we are after. So you should be good to send that file in for an investigation and possible repair.

I've also sent you a private message as a follow up for you to this thread but I hope you are doing alright following the cyclone.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post