Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi there,

Just completed payrun for 2 different companies and was unable to connect to STP ATO reporting - received the following message :

"Something went wrong at our end.  Sorry about that.  Youll need to come back later and try again."

I have gone back several times and each time I try to access the Payroll Reporting Centre I receive the same message?

Can someone please confirm if there is a known issue with MYOB and/or ATO STP reporting???

145 REPLIES 145
Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

STP not working

Hi there,

Can anyone confirm whether they are also having problems with STP not working?

Both payruns that I have just completed were unable to submit the STP report to ATO coming up with message "Something went wrong at our end - Sorry about that.  You'll need tocome back later and try again." 

I've tried several times now to access the Payroll Reporting Centre and I am also receiving the same message.

Thanks Lynne

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

Hello @Lmcstack 

Are you able to please send a console log when the error pops up. I have linked our Help Article which will give instructions on how to get the console log

Once you have done that, are you able to please try logging into the web browser version of AccountRight at app.myob.com in your Google Chrome browser and see if the same issue happens?

Please let me know how you go.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am having this problem this morning - how can this be resolved? No clue about console reports but it seems to not be a unique issue

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi MYOB

I have just spent hours with a client trying to solve this problem.

From my perspective the error appears to be associated with 2022.8 and a serial number for the company.

Here is my attempt to try to solve.

This client has 10 MYOB files but because I negotiated a contract price for them the 10 serial numbers for that contract is registered to me - but they remain owners (that is just fill in as I think this will be a problem if the client rings MYOB help - not withstanding the long wait and the 1000 questions they will be asked).

Of those 10 files - 2 are on line (because they run payroll) the 3rd - their main file is not online and is server based (but will be going online because of STP II)  - but is connected to my 3rd party Job Costing which needs conversion to onliine access - due to be completed Nov 22). Again just fill in.

All their files are accessed via an RDP server with Server edition installed which now updates automatically.

Until Wed this week even though the server had updated to 2022.8 but they continued to use 2022.7

STP is still ver I.

They were able to access Payroll Reporting without problem - with their ownline files and their local file.

On Wednesday (coincidentally the client had a payroll question to do with fiures not balalncing with payroll and Payroll reporting) and at that stage they were still opening in 2022.7 but 2022.8 was installed.

I replied to the query - at at the same time asked them to use 2022.8 by selecting upgrade when they opened the file - this was done Wed afternoon - but since then - Payroll Reporting comes up with - "oops something went wrong".

Because payroll reporting is highly user specific I cannot open and check this with my logon.

So I logged onto their server as adminstrator - local file opened in 2022.8 and logged in as the payroll person and then with her on the phone she gave me her myob payroll logon credentials - and ther same error "oops something went wrong" 

I then opened the online file from my own server (that I run my own company files from) - from which PAyroll reporting is STP II - and all works fine in 2022.8 with my company files.

I opened my clients ownline file using her logon and again her payroll reporting credentials "oops something has gone wrong".

And lastly (but I don't think this will work anyway (as I think the online ATO STP access uses tokens and an old file rolled back will cause an error) but I found a backup of the online file from Monday - restored it locally - opened it in 2022.7 - tried Payroll reporting "oops something happened".

I am out of options MYOB - but suspect it is 2022.8 somehow perhaps not using the correct tokens - but we cannot roll back as the ATO Payroll reporting is token and age controlled.

Help MYOB - ringing help line will be a mindless exercise of wait and being asked a 100 different needless questions.

The Doc

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @ChrisMYOB 

We have installed MYOB on a local clients machine (as 2 files are in online) - they are able now to get to payroll reporting (they are on STP I) but have advised them to upgrade to STP II soonest.

The other file is server bound as it connects to a 3rd party API - and client has resisted until now getting online. 3rd party needs upgrading so cannot go online yet.

Typically they do all work in business on server.

I am going to see if I can get the server bound file operating via the network to the desktop - this may circumvent this server problem for payroll reporting.

All other 2020.8 features including the api work fine.

Intenet explorers, Chrome, Moxilla have all been updated.

I have uninstalled and re-installed MYOB 2022.8 onto server. Works fine.

But cannot NOW access payroll reporting for this server bound file.

Error log attached.

The Doc

IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

We are having the same problem.  We are not online and have a server.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello Everyone 

Our team is currently investigating the cause of this issue. 

Can you please check the version of windows you are on, if it isn't up to date, can you please update and then try again? Please let me know what version you were on, the version you upgraded to, and if it still gives you the error.

As a current workaround, you are able to put your file online and then log in using the browser version at app.myob.com and process the pay run.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

I'm not so great at IT stuff! I think from the properties screen we have Windows Server 2012 R2 standard.  I don't know where to find version sorry

Rhianna
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

Is this an issue with 2022.8?  My computer is running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 and all updates have been done.

Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated as we are about to process our third pay run that is yet to be delcared to the ATO. 

Regards 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post