Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

How to Create a Custom Module

Hello,

My name is Bonnie and I am new to MYOB Advanced.

I am wanting to get some clarrification on something.

Is it possible to establish a module. So, the object/modules like Sales Order, Customers, Opportunities and furthermore. My company is migrating to MYOB Advanced from Salesforce. In Salesforce I could create what is called Objects (Modules in MYOB Advanced), however, I cannot find anything for this functionality in MYOB Advanced.

Could someone please assist me in knowing whether it is possible, if yes, how and where to do so.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Bonnie

Will_H
    8 months ago

Hi bonnielemay ,

It's accessible to Full Users who have the "Customizer" role.

The information for usage and learning is developer centric, and available using the developer links i already provided.

I strongly recommend checking with your implementing partner about plans in this area, as customising is quite complicated and would usually done by trained developers. 

It is possible to write customisations that break other parts of the package due to the level of flexibility and as such it isn't something we support end users with/something i can link to an easy guide for.

In terms of the more cosmetic options, such as editing menus & workspaces to make accessing the information you need easier, there's a course in the Learning academy: https://academy.myob.com/course/view.php?id=214

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi bonnielemay ,

There is a full cusotmisation system in MYOB Advanced that allows developers to implement additional features.  It's very flexible, but quite indepth and the kind of thing you would usually want to engage a dedicated developer for.  

If you check what you're trying to achieve with your implementing consultant they should be able to give a gauge on potential difficulty.

If you or someone at your business are interested in the development side of MYOB Advanced then you can check resources/sign up for our developer program here:

https://developer.myob.com/api/advanced/

• Hello Will_H,

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me if the customisation system is in MYOB is accessible within MYOB Advanced for a User that has Full Access or is it something that has to be purchased or organised as an add-on in MYOB Advanced.

If it is accessible in MYOB Advanced for a Full Access User, how to access it and where to find information on usgage and learning content.

Thank you.

Bonnie 

Will_H
        MYOB Moderator

Hi bonnielemay ,

It's accessible to Full Users who have the "Customizer" role.

The information for usage and learning is developer centric, and available using the developer links i already provided.

I strongly recommend checking with your implementing partner about plans in this area, as customising is quite complicated and would usually done by trained developers. 

It is possible to write customisations that break other parts of the package due to the level of flexibility and as such it isn't something we support end users with/something i can link to an easy guide for.

In terms of the more cosmetic options, such as editing menus & workspaces to make accessing the information you need easier, there's a course in the Learning academy: https://academy.myob.com/course/view.php?id=214