Forum Discussion

psn55
User
30 days ago

JSON from API call not returning all results

Hi Team, 

I have made API call in postman to fetch the results from general enquiry but the number of rows I am getting in the in MYOB UI are different (35224) vs json from api call(35213). Can I get to know what might be the reason for that and has anyone encountered it before?

4 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi psn55,

Thank you for your post.

For inquiries related to API errors or integration issues, we suggest visiting this specific page: https://developer.myob.com/. There's an option on the page to submit a support ticket for further assistance.

Please don't hesitate to create a new post again, and we're here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

psn55
      User

can you connect me with someone from the team? I always have just same 10-11 records missing all the time.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi psn55,

Thanks for your response.

To connect to someone from the right team, please check the website, https://developer.myob.com/. Simply click on 'Contact' and then 'Contact us'. From there, you should be able to see on how to reach out to them.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi psn55 ,

I'm not familiar with that exact issue, but my suspicions are either:

1. Does your API user have the same roles/restriction groups as the user you're accessing the UI through?
      The most common reason for different data is that the API is obeying all of the restrictions from the security context of the API user.  I'd check these first to see if a like-for-like setup resolves your issue.

2. Assuming your API User and UI user have the same security context, I'd be looking to compare the records themselves to see if there's a difference.  This is more to do with my background as a SQL developer/support team member and that being the second place I check.

3. Are any of the records deleted?  GI's can be configured to show deleted records, but that flag might be getting missed from your API call?  
      Ditto for any other filters in the GI, I've not seen your exact calls to compare.

As always, API work can get pretty technical, I recommend talking to your implementation consultant if you're getting stuck.