Forum Discussion

23 days ago

Trying to set up Odata connection

Trying to set up a data link to MYOB and looking for some guidance on what I need to do

I get the error in the error1.png file

Seems I probably need to change an access setting to have access to the files.

what doi need to change / check?

I only need some fairly specific information for now. The one I want is the calander for staff so we can get the latest information on the staff working on a day so knowing the correct table to pull would be good too.

I am guessing I need to create a Generic Inquiry something like in the inquiry png? 

1 Reply

Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Firstflex ,

I've never used ODataLink, might be worth getting in touch with them to ask for settings.

In terms of the options to use, you should be able to select "OData Feeds" from that screen, and then configure a connection manually.

Note: MYOB Advanced Business is completely different than MYOB AccountRight.

If you're not sure what settings to put into an OData call to MYOB Advanced, if you use any Generic Inquiry (Grid) screen in Advanced and download an Excel file, the downloaded files are configured with OData links automatically so they can be updated without having to reopen MYOB Advanced Business.

While it's a few years old, there's a video in the below knowledgebase article about setting up OData links in our knowledgebase should be accurate, though the screens look a tiny bit different now:
    https://enterprise-support.myob.com/adv/integration-and-customisation