Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Hi,

Before I accept a new client who uses MYOB, I want to understand if I will be able to get access to his accounting.

He uses MYOB which is only installed on his desktop (there is no cloud option or a connection to an server).

When he used to work with his prior accountant, he just transferred his company data on a USB stick and I believe the prior accountant had the software installed on his own computer.

Moving forward, without having access to MYOB and the client only having his own desktop version, is there a way for me to see his files? (maybe the MYOB Partner Program)?

Thank you for your help!

Marina

3 Replies

• Hi MarinaCPA 

Welcome to the MYOB community!

Partner program sounds like an option! As a MYOB partner, you will have access to the entire product range. If you know what version the client was on, then you can download the relevant product to access the client files. Alternatively, you can download the required version from our Downloads - MYOB Support.

If you have any further questions, do let us know.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

MarinaCPA
      User

Hi Priya, 

Thank you for the reply.

My client has the following version which I was not able to see in the download link. (He purchased a CD-ROM of the software ages ago).

MYOB Accounting Plus for Canada Version 11 Release 5.5.6

Can you please let me know where I can find it?

Thank you,

Marina