Forum Discussion

Bassem
Experienced Cover User
7 months ago

Retained earning at year end not rolling over to Opening RE in Client Accounting

Hi There

The retained earning in the previous year is not rolling over as opening for the new year in Client Accounting MYOB AO. So I am getting an out of balance equal to the profit amount in the previous year as it is not added to the opening retained earning in the new year? Any one can relate to that please?

I completed the period and the with the new period I selected roll over from previous period but still not rolling over.

I am attaching a pdf for the 23 & 22 accounts so you know what I mean.

Many thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CoolSteel
    Experienced Cover User

Did you find a solution? Im having the same problem.  I just closed a financial year after doing EOY adjustements, and the Current Year Earnings have not rolled over into Retained Earnings, (as they used to do when years were "Rolled over" instead of "closed").  I also noticed that there wasnt the normal questions asking if we wanted to retain open items etc, and the whole process took 1 second (previous years always took a while while old items were cleared etc).  Worried that I've done something wrong.