Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Validation Error Item 7 Defined Benefit Income Stream

Client turned 60 during the year. 

Received 2 PAYG payment summaries from State Super -

1 - Period from 1 July to his 60th birthday,

2 - For period of birthday to 30th June

Unable to complete or validate tax return due to error message IITR.730057 " When taxpayer is under age 60 on the 30th June.....a positive assessable amount from capped defined benefit income stream amount must not be provided."

As he turned 60 part way through year i have used ATO tool to determine defined benefit income cap of $52K, meaning part of the pension is taxed.  However unable to lodge ITR due to validation error.

Hoping someone can help solve this one.

• Hi, thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We are glad for your efforts in bringing your concern to our attention. We are sorry that you are facing issues with the error message you are receiving when completing or validating the tax return. We are thankful for your patience and understanding during this time. 

Regarding the error message you are getting, error IITR.730057 means: 

• Validation rule impacting submissions for retirees over 60 years of age.  
    • Resolution will validate the date of birth to determine if the age of the individual is over 60, and only apply the validation rules when the individual’s age is below 60. 
    • The deployment date is to be confirmed. 

I would highly recommend contacting the ATO to see why you are getting the error message and how you will be able to complete and validate the tax return. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We are glad for your efforts in bringing your concern to our attention. We are sorry that you are facing issues with the error message you are receiving when completing or validating the tax return. We are thankful for your patience and understanding during this time. 

Regarding the error message you are getting, error IITR.730057 means: 

• Validation rule impacting submissions for retirees over 60 years of age.  
    • Resolution will validate the date of birth to determine if the age of the individual is over 60, and only apply the validation rules when the individual’s age is below 60. 
    • The deployment date is to be confirmed. 

I would highly recommend contacting the ATO to see why you are getting the error message and how you will be able to complete and validate the tax return. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth