Resolved! Customers unable to access - MYOB Business and AccountRight Browser - 01/03/24

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

64Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

We have identified an issue impacting customers’ ability to access MYOB Business and AccountRight Browser products. Our teams are urgently investigating this issue and are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible. To receive updates, visit: https://status.myob.com/

41 Comments
JSAUTO
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Not good enough.

I have been informed this outage could be going on for a few hours.

We have a business to run.

GoosesAccounts
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How long are we expecting this to be down?

Zappy
Valued Partner
606 Posts
Valued Partner

Impacting? Really!!!

For goodness sake its AFFECTING

Also, what is the problem?

Kr

caveraft
1 Post
User

If by impacting, you mean "completely halting and we're twiddling our thumbs while we wait for you" then yes, I guess we are impacted.

Last update was over [edit] almost 90 minutes ago; anything new to add, or at least a timeframe for resolution?

TAPSINK
3 Posts
User

That's prety bad on your behalf! Hope it's not a hacking case!!!

Oh and Myob increased the price for its' services too! How do we run a business then? 

Very dissapointing and bad for business!

pippypip
Trusted Cover User
137 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Oh dear. I picked a bad day to take the afternoon off the tools to catch up with senting out Quotes and entering reciepts.

Kelvin174
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why is your status page showing this as "affected". Surely being completly unable to log into the service is the very definittion of "down". 

Feels like a very opaque attement to fudge the stats. Please at the very least be open and honest with your customers. I'm sure you'd find a lot more understanding if you made a better attempt at communicating. Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 9.53.44 am.png

kristylee77
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Classic MYOB just when i need it the most. 

JaneBArt
1 Post
User

How odd - I've been using MYOB for a few years and never had a problem before. They put up the prices yesterday and ... no service today. Hopefully it is a simple problem and not a hacker.

Weirdly, I am in the process of doing a bookkeeping course that uses MYOB as one of the 2 sample cloud accounting options. I need access to do the modules, so of course now I'm stuck with being unable to do my study as well as unable to do anything with my business. If this was my first experience with the software I can well imagine it would put me right off and I guess I'd be looking at Xero...

Mya1
1 Post
User

How long are we expecting this to be down?

ssssssam521
4 Posts
User

Do we at least have a time frame for the outage? So I don't need to keep refreshing like a idiot Smiley Happy

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Kelvin174 

We will be updating the status for this to 'down'.
It was unclear in the beggining if this was affected or down until we were able to confirm if this was impacting an isolated number of customers or all customers.
As we now have a better understanding of the impact we are updating accordingly.
Thanks - hoping we are all back online soon!

Zappy
Valued Partner
606 Posts
Valued Partner

AFFECTING an isolated number of customers.

You are welcome 

Kr

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So the price goes up and MYOB starts having issues - typical Smiley Mad

Trying to do payroll - maybe I should start charging MYOB for lost time.

Zappy
Valued Partner
606 Posts
Valued Partner

@MikeG1 yeah that is NOT good. Better to put nothing until you are sure. This is just misleading

TAPSINK
3 Posts
User

Not even an email to Myob's customer base reporting this issue, together with apollogies!

When I was looking for an online customer service to find out what's going on, it took me all over the place, not even one link to speak to a human beeing or chat online with representative. Very poor communication!

Zappy
Valued Partner
606 Posts
Valued Partner

@TAPSINK Correct 

Apalling communication.

stephics123
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Do we have an ETA on when this will be fixed please?

deeathbas
1 Post
User

Can we please getan estimate on when we will likely be able to log back in and start work this has been more than two hours and I only work on MYOB so just sitting waiting NOT getting PAID !! Some communication email anything would be great as I am sure if we cannot do anything then you have a heap of employees in the same boat that someone could be tasked with keeping the customers updated.

Margriet
Experienced Cover User
93 Posts
Experienced Cover User

That's just great... not. I have payday filing to do! Business to run! How much longer is this going to take?

PeterBor
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

LOL probably that date where the server is rolled over to/from the 29/2/2024 and it can't cope with the extra day of the leap year.

Also how do I subscribe to the status page so I can see updates
It says I already am but I have received no emailed status updates advising of this issue?

"subscriber record with this data already exists for this hub."

Edit: Oh also End Of Month perfect timing

Craig17
1 Post
User

Will there be some form of compensation for loss of business? We're trying to sort out some larger quotes that need to be processed today.

jessrob
5 Posts
User

Update please? I've been trying to pay employees for 3 hrs, have received no email communication?

Kerrin28
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

Been trying to get in MYOB business since 1pm, how much longer will it be?

Should I give up and call it the weekend alread?

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @PeterBor - regarding notifications from our status hub. I can confirm that when this was raised to our status page we enabled to notify customers.
There are no settings to manage as such (as you have noticed) so I can only think that the notification may be in your spam, junk or there is a rule to fitler it somewhere.

Kerrin28
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

I don't have rules and do often get emails saying that a part of MYOB is not working.

Didn't get an email today though.

I can't get payroll onboarding working on Accountright either.

Think it must time to finish for the day.

TAPSINK
3 Posts
User

That's very interesting @MikeG1 as we haven't received any either! Unless you sent it with a pigeon.

Don't think it's very nice to treat your customers and their businesses to this extent.

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator

FYI everyone. An update will be provided soon on our status hub page. I will also update here as soon as it is available
Thank you for using the community as a space to engage with MYOB, fellow business owners and software users!

PeterBor
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

Hi @MikeG1

Only rules I have change the category of an email.

I do not have any rules moving email to folders etc.

I have checked my junk mail folder and there is nothing there so it would seem that status notifications are also broken.

May need to get support to look at that once the major issue is fixed

ciscoelectrical
1 Post
User

Its friday, should I push the update via GIT? sure, what could possibly go wrong.....

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Kerrin28 and @PeterBor, thank you both for verifying that you have not received the status hub notification in junk/spam and there are no outlook rules in place. Agree that the immediate incident is a priority, but I will definitely make sure the team can look into whether there is an issue with the sending of our status hub notifications.

jowade
3 Posts
User

Can someone tell me what is and how do i findthe status hub page. Thank you

WVgres
4 Posts
User

Can you please update us on to what is happening and if this is likley to be resolved today.   I am waiting to do my invoicing and end of month follow ups and cannot get any thing done.   are we entitiled for any compensation as I will now have to work tomorrow to make up for lost time.

PeterBor
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

Hi @jowade

Status hub page is here

https://status.myob.com/

MoyJ
4 Posts
User

I'm losing money here as I can't send out quotes. BTW, got your notification that subscription fees are going up. Not a good week for MYOB is it ?

PeterBor
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

Hi @ciscoelectrical 

git reset --hard --go_on_leave

SWPM
1 Post
User

Please ask vendors never upgrade or release new versions at crucial moments. I still remember when I was a software engineer, we release new versions of sites on Tuesday afternoon at around 4PM. So most people have finished their work. Even there is an issue the impact could be minimized.

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator

@SWPM I wish everyone was so thoughtful - it seems basic. MYOB also does everything possible to run updates and maintenance after business hours!

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone, we are pleased to advise that the incident impacting access to MYOB Business and MYOB AccountRight Browser has now been resolved. This was caused by an issue related to Microsoft Azure’s App Service, which has since been fixed. We apologise for the disruption and any inconvenience caused.  

PeterBor
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

Hi @MikeG1 

Thanks for the update.

Can confirm I can login sucessfully and have sent out my invoice.

Zappy
Valued Partner
606 Posts
Valued Partner

Oh as long as youve apologised, everything is just peachy.