Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Error on data import via a API

Hi Team i run MYOB essentials and a software called syrinx 
I often have problems running the transfer program in Syrinx coming up with errors and unable to complete the task they have a few other users that have the same problem this has been accruing over the last 2 or so years 
The company that supports Syrinx also has the same data transfer program with quickbooks and zero and has no errors with the transfer to thoese products 
They have been in touch with the api support at MYOB but they have been unresponsive to look into the problem and have now asked some users to see if we can get a response to help them so they can help us to continue to use MYOB 
I have various errors come up here is one attached 
What would the next steps be ?

5 REPLIES 5
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Error on data import via a API

Hi @Bettah , the error reads "400 - Bad request". The most likely cause is that the invoice data submitted to MYOB did not meet the API requirements. To resolve this, MYOB would need to see the header and body content of the call to the API. This is not something that you would have access to, in fact it may not even be retained on your computer. But Syrinx support may have access to these records if they are a cloud solution.

Each vendor's API is different, so knowing that QuickBooks and Xero transfers both work is not going to help.

Looking at the invoice in Syrinx, does it look any different to others that have gone through?

Do you know why MYOB has been unresponsive to Syrinx support? MYOB API team do require support requests to be submitted in a particular format - see https://apisupport.myob.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=215283.

Have you also received different errors?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Bettah
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Great

let me come back to you as soon as i know more 

Thanks 

JeremyF
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

4Kudos

4Solutions

Hi 

I had a similar issue where existing funcitonality stopped working. 

I traced it back to Category in the post request.

If you set up Categories on your Company File you need to send a Category UID with some requests. 

• Category
    • UID GUID (36)
    • Name String (30)
    • DisplayID String (15)
    • URI String
ITM
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am a new member of MYOB Developers and was hoping that the use of the API would be straight forward.  I have tried to get examples for Importing and Exporting data from Accountright, but have somehow missed the point of how the API works.    As I have a customer who needs the integration immediately, I have decided to get my integration working, simply by using the Import/Export Facility in Accountright.    Guess what - I have it working, albeit a little manual on the part of the user - but I am not drowning in API.  The API support team tell me they CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES give me a working example for Import or Export.   So now I need to work on decifering the ins and outs of the API and make it do what I want.  (By myself and perhaps with a little help on this board).     In the mean time - my customer is WORKING !!!   And there is a bug in the Export Facility from  Accountright which I have reported over thephone and also on this Community Board.   I will not hold my breath waiting for a fix any time soon as I think the MYOB support people are a little busy.

SO ...If you need a solution immediately - go through the Import/Export path - I am happy to show you the way and also how to fix the problem that lies within the Export facility.   (At least your customer will be working while you try to solve the current issues you are experiencing)

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @ITM, there is, as I am sure you know, plenty of documentation available at developer.myob.com. 

To use the API you have to:

- connect to a company file

- extract the required data and process it

- prepare external data and post it

- deal with errors

- etc

We have developed a framework for creating customised reporting and integration solutions for AccountRight users. The framework addresses all these issues. It includes sections for developing scripts. 

If you wanted to discuss this further, send me an email. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post