10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Inserting a New Item Invoice into Accountright

If I import a new Invoice Into Accountright using the manual Import/Export Function , the system works fine until it finds an Item in an invoice which does not have sufficient Stock on Hand to fulfil the Invoice.   In this situation it simply rejects the WHOLE Invoice while processing correctly all the Invoices which have sufficient Stock to be fulfilled.

My question is "What happens with the API when transferring a new Invoice to Accountright and the system finds there is not enough stock to fulfil an item in the invoice ?"

Manual entry of an Invoice in Accountright prompts "Buy ?"  or "Make ?" when stock is too low.

1 REPLY 1
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Inserting a New Item Invoice into Accountright

Hi @ITM , that situation has to be dealt with in your import program. For example I have a script which processes orders received in Excel files, and posts them to AccountRight via the API. Amongst other things, the script extracts the current stock levels, and changes the invoice to an order if any of the items on the invoice have insufficient stock. Every order is assured of being posted. The client then converts those orders as stock arrives.  

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post