7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Email and Mapi problems MYOB 18

I am trying to install a replacement PC and have installed MYOB 18 on it, but the email will not send to outlook.

I am running Windows 10 64bit, and Outlook 2016 32bit. My previous PC also running Windows 10 works fine with MYOB18 and office 2016.

I am getting the missing Mapi error. When I ran the fixit tool it worked momentarily and then I got the "The attachment file was created successfully, but there was an error writing it." response.

I even installed the SSD that I made as a system backup before I used the fixit tool, and got the Mapi error again. I changed the registry to have the value of 1 for the mapi settings and it did nothing. C:\Windows\System32\mapi32.dll is present.

Also if I preview an invoice the form shows as expected with my business logo, but if I send to disk the logo is missing. When I got the invoice to send to email, the logo was intact. I hope someone can shed some light on this as this is the only thing that is preventing me from installing the new PC, but I am better off using the old one if MYOB works in that .

One other thing is that I had to change the name of MYOB.exe to MyobA.exe so it would run as it was being blocked for some reason. Apart from the email issues and the logo, myob seemed to work as expacted after the name change.

5 REPLIES 5
Liz_A
Valued User
318 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

318Posts

74Kudos

25Solutions

Re: Email and Mapi problems MYOB 18

Hi @TheBaz 

Keep searching on here as it should work with the setup you have. The logo may be to do with Quicktime not being installed?

The blocked app is a Windows issue, not MYOB and you have made the easiest change to overcome this issue by changing the name of the MYOB.exe file.

Good luck.

Liz

TheBaz
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been banging my head against a wall for days now. I tried the Quicktime install and it fixed the logo problem. (I am sure I had to do this previously, but the procedure did not stay in my memory)

I seem to have the emailing working again, but I am not game to try it again just now as I don't want to spend another sleepless night. ;-).

I fixed the Myob blocked by disabling the User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode in gpedit and disabling Microsoft defender smartscreen.

Another thing I noticed that I have not taken any notice of previously is that Myob custom invoices have a different font when saved to disk or emailed than when previewed for some reason and I thought this was a new issue, but my previous PC did the same thing. Any idea why that is? I have the same font pack installed and the invoice has a different font from the original form in Word, Acrobat, or a browser. Anyway I can live with that if Myob emails my invoices when they are created.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Baz

Liz_A
Valued User
318 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

318Posts

74Kudos

25Solutions

Hi @TheBaz 

I'm glad the Quicktime helped. I have noticed different fonts but like you, it didn't seem to be a big deal as long as the information is present and correct for all versions so I never worried about it (other than changing some text field sizes to fit better). There are other users on here such as @gavin12345  who may be able to help for the other problems. Or you can do some more web searching for MYOB solutions on other pages that may help.

Good luck.

Cheers

Liz

TheBaz
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Liz,

So far so good.

I fired up the PC today without doing anything special and was able to send 2 invoices to email without a hitch.

I am not entirley confident at present but hopeful.

I will keep you updated

Baz

TheBaz
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It is still working as it should so I am very grateful for the input.

Let's hope it keeps working as it should.

Thanks again Liz

Baz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post