GlennSparrow
Former Staff
11 years ago
Open

Card File: Increase last name character limit

HI,  Ive had a request from an Accountant in Practice to increase the length of a supplier name beyond the 35 character limit.  

"Supplier name Length"

4 Comments

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thanks for the suggestion on this. We've had some feedback to increase the character limits for Invoices and the like which has already been added. Making this change is something that we're happy to look into doing, those who would also like to see this, please remember to vote and comment.
  • I use Auto Entry to read and attach invoices to transactions in Myob Accountright Online.  At the moment there is a limitation of 20 characters on the Supplier Name which is not enough in many cases.  It also causes problems which matching Supplier Names within Myob and there's a limitation of 8 characters on the invoice number which is not enough also.  My request is to remove the limitations or at least raise them substantially.  I have spoken to the developers at Auto Entry and they have made submissions to myob as well.

"Third Party Software limitations on Supplier Name and Invoice Number"

John_Reynolds
      Partner

I use Auto Entry to read and attach invoices to transactions in Myob Accountright Online.  At the moment there is a limitation of 20 characters on the Supplier Name which is not enough in many cases.  It also causes problems which matching Supplier Names within Myob and there's a limitation of 8 characters on the invoice number which is not enough also.  I have asked MYOB to remove the limitations or at least raise them substantially.  I have spoken to the developers at Auto Entry and they have made submissions to MYOB as well.  Is anyone else having these problems and would like them changed?