Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cloud: Work offline and then synch changes with cloud file

User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New
New

Due our work in an area where an internet connection isn't always available, putting our file online isn't an option.  Therefore we can't upgrade to STP 2 with MYOB alone, we need to go to STP Creator, which makes me wonder why I pay MYOB $130 per month!!  MYOB needs to bring in a system where if the file is online, but you work on it whilst there's no internet connection, then it needs to be able to synchronise when the internet is available again. The only other option is to not force users to put their file online to use STP 2, that way we can work without the worry of having a constant internet connection and do the STP when we do.

"Ability to work on file offline then synchronise when internet connection is available"

2 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Sarc , AccountRight had exactly that process until a year or so ago. The reason given at the time for removing it was the expiration of required M/soft technology.

You could consider putting your file in the cloud, continue to maintain it as an offline file, then take a backup and restore that to the cloud whenever you need to file an STP return.

Dave_DJS
3 Posts
User

Account Right originally worked like this (Remember the "Power of the Desktop with Data in the cloud" adage)  but I think the underlying Micorsoft tecnology that supported this feature was no longer supported and MYOB dropped it. They probably won't go back there (in my opinion) but you might get some traction with a Hybrid Payroll Model where an offline file can access some of the online features?  Good luck.