Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Get Statement: Allocate transactions using a dropdown

Contributing Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

G'day,

To minimise work hours, would it be possible to have drop-down boxes attached to every line of transactions once you have downloaded your bank statement so that the expense/income account can be selected and the transaction recorded with one click!?

This i would find sooo useful as i do not enter transactions until i am reconsiling with the statement downloaded and then cross check with my receipts. I end having to "add tranaction" for every entry which takes so long to do. HOwever, if i could simply select from the statement the expense/income account to allocate to that transaction without having to fill out an individual 'spend money cheque' for evry transaction, it would make data entry and reconsiling soooo much quicker.

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE OR SOMETHING LIKE IT!!!!!!

"Streamlined adding transactions from bank statement"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window. From within this window, you can allocate the transactions from the dropdown selection or bulk allocate the banking transactions. 

2 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your great suggestion. Anyone who would like to be able to add transactions using drop-down fields on the 'get statements' screen, please cast your voter here.

In the meantime, as a cover user, you do have access to our bank feeds feature. This allows automated importing of transactions from your bank, and also allows you to setup rules to enable automatic recording of transactions based on the bank feed. You can find out more about bank feeds here:

Bank Feeds - Commonly Asked Questions

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window. From within this window, you can allocate the transactions from the dropdown selection or bulk allocate the banking transactions.