Sarah40
Cover User
11 years ago
New

Packing Slips: Backorder items to be included

I would like to see the option of displaying back-ordered items on packing slips. This would inform the receiver of the goods of what is on back-order. The back-orders are on the invoice, but our system is that this document goes to accounts, not with the goods.

"Back-ordered Items"

23 Comments

JRG
    Cover User
    User Access: Restrict access to payroll should flow through to electronic payments and bank register
    Version 19 of MYOB had the correct and compliant access set up so that users with bank access but no payroll access were not able to drill down and see payroll information from the bank transactions.  Account Right does not have this VERY IMPORTANT feature????

User access has been restricted from the payroll area & that appears to work if they look at the payroll accounts but not for the bank transactions drill down into payroll.

Payroll is paid via electronic payments and the net pay for all staff shows up there.

Please rectify this as soon as possible.  Confidentiallity is important in the workplace.

thanks

• Hi JRG,

We had the same issue and couldn't find a way to solve it. Payroll could be seen in electronic payment account and bank register report.

Could MYOB advise how to do with it?

Thank you

gpacked
      Cover User

Agree withthe above comment. We're a small/medium business where we need staff to see deposits to process orders, but don't want them to have access to payments made from our account - which includes staff wages.

MHAUG
      Cover User

Hi MYOB Team,

Can you please advise on whether there's any way to restrict the access on the mentioned issue? Thanks

• Having the ability to show items backordered on packing slip.

This would show our clients when recieving goods there is still items yet to come.

Currently i get calls from clients reciving team sayng there are missing items on the order.

If it was clear on the packing slip (like it is on invoice) this would save confusion.

Caroline_V
      Experienced User

Hi Comp-Eng

I agree with you.  The way we get around this is we have set up a Packing Slip form under Invoices > Item instead (as opposed to Invoices > Packing Slip (Item)).  It's not the "correct" solution but it works for us and is clear for customers that way.

Kind regards

Caroline

ledzeppago15
      Experienced User

I Agree with  this requirement at your soonest

fg1
      User

I have tried putting the packing slip in the Item Area and it still doesnt print back orders. Any ideas

• We need to show back orders on our delivery dockets, not just on the Invoice, as this would deminish the amount of calls we receive just wanting to know if their goods are on back order. Can this be an urgent update by chance?

• We need this with our Business too.

Thanks. I have just voted for your idea.

jfdman
      Cover User

Can someone work out how to add backorder items to a Delivery Docket, and not just an Invoice in the next update?

My Customers keep requesting this, as the DD goes to their Store & they never see the Invoice.

It would make life much easier for Storemen.

• We often are required to send a Packing Slip only to customers. We need to advise them what is on back order - currently we need to "hand write" this.

Kelly81
    Experienced Cover User

Wow, I would have expected MYOB to already have had this feature...

• Hi longtermuser & Kelly81 

Thank you both for your comments and feedback relating to the inclusion of back ordering items on packing slips, I have shared them with the team.

• Displaying back-ordered items on packing slips.

This request  is dated 2014 (which is still very valid in 2023 - 9 years later!) has not been actioned by MYOB developers. Surely it's been on MYOB's to do list for 9 years. Does anyone know when it might happen??

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Pauline23

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 
    Thank you for sharing your feedback through your vote and comment on this idea. We acknowledge that this is an important concept for your business. Currently, we do not have a specific timeframe for its implementation, but please be assured that we will convey this to our relevant team for consideration.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth