Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Filing cabinet for documents

Contributing Cover User

17Posts

214Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Our small business is currently trying to go paperless as much as possible. Any accounts received by email are received as a pdf and I transfer it into files for safe keeping. I started thinking wouldn't it be easy if you were able to scan the document from a scanner /or email and import the pdf and attach to customer file or invoice or receipt number etc thus allowing you to look in the one area for a copy of a document instead of two places. It would be time and cost effective and easy for  the accountant and the tax audit trail or is there something that does this all now and I am behind?

Trying to get beyond the pile of paper.

Maree

suggestion:Accounting and scan software- MYOB accounting & Filing cabinet in one"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, we are excited to announce the ability to upload and attach documents to Spend Money transactions and cards. This is also in addition to the AccountRight In Tray.

92 Comments
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback. We will soon be offering the ability to import physical documents and automatically match them to existing transactions or use the information to create new entries in your AccountRight software. We hope the functionality will make business life easier for you.

Masterfield
2 Posts
User

Has there beenn any status on this idea, I am looking to attached a spreadsheet to Purchase Orders that have been imported from overseas.

As I have to workout currency conversions, Duties & Taxes and freight charges to work out costs and mark ups. I would like to be able to like this to each Purchase??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Masterfield

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the ability to scan and attach documents to generate purchase orders in the system.

We are still in very early development of this idea and working out of the ability to add it into the current AccountRight Live program. We don't have a timeframe for the release but it is on the product road map.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks again for your feedback and comments. This functionality is currently in development. Users will be able to create new transactions from scanned documents or photos of receipts and bills, or have the software automatically match them to existing transactions. We think the functionality will save a lot of time and make business life easier. Stay tuned for more news soon.

DKP
Trusted Cover User
62 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Is MYOB ever going to development an attachment feature?  I have used a different program in the past where whilst entering in a Creditor's Invoice, i could scan the document to my computer, save it, then attach it to the program data for that invoice.  Came in really usefull with interstate offices where one needed to see the actual invoice rather than just the data  entry.  Also great for scanning associated quotes and documentation relating to the purchase of the goods.  Excellent too for us small business users who have the chance to actually run a 'paperless' office.

DebTraj
Partner
33 Posts
Partner

This is a great idea.  We send contracts with the invoices for small demolition works and this would save us a great amount of hassle in trying to format the myob invoices to include this information.  We could then simply attach a better outlined contract form with the invoice. 

Lateral-Thinker
3 Posts
Cover User

For all myob products that are used  for small and large businesses; when reconciling accounts, we have the option  of adding comments under "memo". What if a new tab under memo could be added to upload all pdf files that are receipts , accounts or statements etc . This would give the accountant s all the necessary information and easy access to conduct tax assessments etc and you the ease to access information if required. The difficulty of putting your hands on a hard copy is eliminated. You would still have the hard copy filed but would this make accounting and booking keeping so much easier. Eg even businesses that use book keepers they could go directly to myob and check the entery directly against the pdf attached.

To me this makes great sense and I do know why myob will wait too long to act on this because it will give them the competitive edge on all other accounting software products availabe to the market.

Lateral-Thinker

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Check out the new SmartBills and Documents InBox features in MYOB Essentials, added last week.

I expect similar features will be coming to AccountRight soon.

Also have a look on the Add-Ons page, at Invitbox and Shoeboxed.

This area is moving fast - as are our competitors at Xero and Intuit Australia.

slam_dunc
Contributing User
33 Posts
Contributing User

Great idea. Would also be good for attaching insurance ceriticates or credit applications to data files!

Sandarra
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Agreed, the ability to attach images or pdf's to transactions will be an invaluable solution to rifling through files looking for the paper version.

especially receipts, invoices, insurance certificates etc

Getting receipts out of tradesman is like pulling teeth, taking a picture and emailing or texting so it can be uiploaded would be amazing!!!