Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Enter account code directly to allocate

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

I'm only a small buisness user and I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but here goes:

Having the option of using account codes to quickly allocate transactions in banking, particularly when using linked Bank accounts. 

I have an account that I use regularly for certain purchases that I make on the Business account that is not in the inital expense account list. What it means is that there is a bit of clicking & scrolling to get to that account to choose it for allocation. Currently I have got a little behind on allocations so now I'm looking at doing the same process 130 times instead of just entering 5 numbers each time ie. 1-5000 or something. 

Basically, where the "Allocate me" option is in the Banking tab, have the ability to enter account codes as well as the drop down options.

If you use certain accounts regularly, this feature would mean you can just puch in the account code and therefore speed up any data entry etc.

"Using account codes to allocate transactions"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. With the new banking experience, you can now simply enter the account number in the Allocate or Match field to allocate the bank transaction to account.

4 Comments
TreborNZ
3 Posts
Cover User

This is definitely needed - I have clients coming off Banklink finding they can't put in the account codes, which is extremely quick and easy. I do note they can type in the account name, but still if the codes are memorised it is just a couple of numbers.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. Being able to type in account numbers when allocating transactions would certainly speed up allocating for some users. Anyone who would like to see this in a future update, please cast your vote here.

KenClark
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have used this feature in AccountRight for many years and find it more efficient than typing names.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. With the new banking experience, you can now simply enter the account number in the Allocate or Match field to allocate the bank transaction to account.