Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Create Receipts

User

1Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

I was wandering if there is anyway you could create a payment received receipt with MYOB live? I can create an invoice but it doesn't say Amount Paid when printed.

Current Status: New
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi, the ability to email out a receipt when you enter a payment against an invoice is coming! The aim is to have this in your hands in the coming weeks.

90 Comments
Maarty
5 Posts
User

We are often asked by our clients to provide GST receipts for purchases made but there is no way to generate a receipt from an invoice in MYOB Essentials, or am i missing something? At the moment I am generating them in word!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Maarty

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Maarty

Like you I can't see a receipt function in MYOB Essentials. I agree this function should be in the program.

Just a thought if it were me I would print the Paid Invoice out and get myself a rubber stamp with the word receipt on it.

However for the amount you pay MYOB each month I should think a basic function such as "Receipt" would be included in the program, after all how many of our clients need receipts?

If I pay someone money I expect a receipt for it.

Col12345
2 Posts
Cover User

It really is ridiculous that a receipt function was never built in. Come on MYOB - people want confirmation that they have sent a business money!!!!!!

I'm looking to change accounts software from MYOB to something else come next financial year...

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Col12345, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by the delay in implementing the ability to print receipts in MYOB Essentials.  Your feedback has been passed on to our product development team. We hope to have this introduced in a later update. 

codex_cyd
4 Posts
User

Oookayyyy... so this is a feature that takes MYOB years to design, develop, test, and deliver!

When it comes, it will be the best receipting function ever seen by humankind. :-p

S.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @codex_cyd

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea, I have shared it with the team.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can vote for an idea. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Arborhouse
2 Posts
User

Receipts are an essential part of Accounts Payable, I am surprised this is not already a function on MYOB Esstentials.

This function would be a big asset.

PGOA
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I think a good idea would be to link email to Customer receipts and statements instead of just printing them Much more efficient to email.

Thanks

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Chris

I think we can already do this ?

Unless I am wrong which according to my bookkeeping daughters I invariably am(or is it are) Smiley Happy

Refer http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Customer+statements

hrn
3 Posts
Cover User

Please consider printing RECEIPTS, a  very essential fetaure of  MYOB ESSENTIALS.  

Customers  pay for a service and want to take the receitp with them or receive it via e-mail.

It is very embarrassing to have to tell customers that the MYOB SW does not allow the users to print  customers RECEIPTS.