Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Customer statements: Date (range) selection

1Posts

171Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

86 Comments
NyssaLehman
1 Post
Cover User

Yes I have had customers request statements for the last financial year - could this please be updated as this is something really important for a lot of people. 

JudithE
2 Posts
Cover User

Only send out invoices and statements at the end of each month.  These are done withoin the first few days of the following month. Would love to get the statement date to be the same as the invoice date.

juliegraorovski
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi, 

Thats right ! this is just a basic task to be able to choose that dates from the period that you would like statement to and from and it does allow you that option Smiley Sad

SherylBavister
2 Posts
Cover User

Matho
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

They also need to me presented inline with your account terms. If i send a statement is shows the 30, 60, 90 days and so on, but i want to be able to edit that as our business has 10-14 days. that way if i send a statement out at 3-4 weeks its will not just list the invoices but it will list weather they are outside of terms or not. They also need to show the purchase number/Job Name next to each invoice

andy1965
3 Posts
Cover User

Please can we be able to select a statement date range for when we send out statements at the end of the month so it corresponds with the end of the month. 

Thanks 

Andy 

Turfers
1 Post
User

This would make life so much easier when clients request a monthly statement. It is frustrating that I cannot select a June Statement when they request it. I have had to go through the reporting part, save and send a pdf when it would be so much quicker to send it directly from the customer statements tab. I have others that would like to see all that they owe, so I think having two options would be FANTASTIC! 

DS58
1 Post
Cover User

I am only new to MYOB ( have been using quickbooks for 17 years ) , I was very surprised to find that you could not set a date for your statements.

Cannot always get to print statements on the last day of the month so it would be great to be able to print them on any day but with the ability to show end of month totals only.

Also I have bank feeds set up but my statements don't show any of the payments, is this just the way I have it set up?  Any suggestions

Volta
1 Post
User

Yes this is ridiculous - how can we not have these options. It's enough to make me wonder if I picked the right accounting software as it's embarrasing to have to tell a customer that I can't send them an activity statement or explain to them why a statement includes current month invoices when I send it on the first or second of the month because I can't set an "as at" date for the invoice statement!!!

Natasha_Mason
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have more and more clients requesting the option to select a date range for statements. It would be create if this can happen in the near future