Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In tray: Match to allocated rules based transactions

Experienced Partner

61Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

61 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

i have many of my business client  recording transactions totally on a cash basis and using the allocation rules to allocate many of these transactions.  It would be great to be able to still utilise these allocations and still have the ability to use the in tray to keep receipts etc for these transactions so allocated.  Could there please be an ability to match up the invoices so scanned these transactions automatically allocated or to be given the match available notification when there is an invoice in the in-tray and we are trying to allocate a code for the transaction in the bank statements.

"for cash based business using allocation rules please allow invoices in in tray to be matched to existing transaction"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2020

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up rules for their bank transactions. Users can then attach documents to those transactions from the In tray using the Attachments>>Link from In Tray or upload a document directly from that Attachments option.

10 Comments
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi James,

I too have requested this and I would like to be able to add more than one document to a transaction.

I have a client who needs to attache both the invoice and other paperwork, such as an expense authorisation, or lease documents, or the receipt from the supplier etc.....

Alan

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

If those items were all scanned as one document would that not suffice.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @JamesSullivan 

That is what I am having to do, but they don't all arrive at the same time and some are electronic, so they need to be printed then scanned which kind of defeats the purpose of the feature.

:-(

Alan

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @AlanT 

Where this is a work around with what you are doing it does defeat the purpose of the "In-Tray" feature.

I can see how helpful that this would be if you and other clients that need to attach all the other paper work that comes with the transaction.

Kind regards

Kat

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @JamesSullivan 

I believe this would be a good feature to bring into Essentials, I encourage all users that would like this feature brought in to click on the Vote+ button and leave comments.

Regards,

Kat

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Almost 2/3 of my clients using essential are totally on a cash basis when it comes to expenses.  We have encouraged them to take the time to create rules and memorise transactions.  Smart Bills is a great feature and it is wasted on such users.

PS I heard that there is a MYOB phone app comming to take photos of receipts on your phone and sent them directly to the in tray.  I have investigated several available apps but they are cumbersome to take photo, check ok and then simply send on via using the right email address.  Is this the case and is there a time frame on this...so I can give.these clients and idea of when they can capture receipts at the source when they purchase things.

thanks James

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JamesSullivan 

Thank you for the additional feedback in regards to cash basis clients.

In regards to a phone app, the In Tray does allow for this now. You would need to take a photo of your Bill and send it into us (address below). we then process the bill and upload it to your Essentials In Tray. This is no specific app need for this, just the standard camera app on the mobile device and an internet connection.

When sending via email, attachments have the following limits:

• Files up to 5mb can be uploaded  
  • 10 documents can be attached on an email. 
  • All HTML and Text in emails is ignored. 

Emails are sent to: bills@essentials.myob.com.au or bills@essentials.myob.co.nz (for NZ clients). 

Please note if your email address has access to multiple Essentials file you are unable to use the Email option for those Bills. This is because it is unable to work out which company file the bill belongs to. 

For more information into the IN Tray please see Help Article: Uploading supplier invoices

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I heard that MYOB may be bringing out an App to do this added to or in conjunction with your MYOB on the go app.  MYOB could buy one of the numerous app's scanning receipts app's available or develop their own.  The problem with the numerouse commercially available app's is that it is relatively complex to configure so  that all of your requirements

When sending via email, attachments have the following limits:

•         Files up to 5mb can be uploaded  
  •         10 documents can be attached on an email. 
  •          All HTML and Text in emails is ignored. 

Emails are sent to: bills@essentials.myob.com.au or bills@essentials.myob.co.nz (for NZ clients). 

Please note if your email address has access to multiple Essentials file you are unable use the 

Email option for those Bills. This is because it is unable to work out which company file the   

bill belongs to. 

are all conformed to.  The app is linked via their myob login and automatically configured to the above....they click on app   put it a pin number (same as MYOB on the Go) take a pic of receipt, quick check of quality and if ok ...click on the "send to in-tray"  button. 3 easy  steps to get the receipt into system

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @JamesSullivan 

Thank you for additional information, however my understanding and having asked around is that we currently not are looking into that functionality with an app. This is generally due to the fact that most mobile devices have a camera and have the ability to upload/email through the photo. In saying that it may be looked at in the future if the demand is there.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up rules for their bank transactions. Users can then attach documents to those transactions from the In tray using the Attachments>>Link from In Tray or upload a document directly from that Attachments option.