Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB Essentials Upgrade - Quotes are inflexible and need to be improved ASAP

Experienced User

20Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

20 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
New
New

The new sales quote format is a big backwards step, it needs to be improved asap to at least match the previous version which was far more flexible and modular, particularly when putting together a quote with multiple stages and line items. This is an everyday need for our business.

- You are no longer able to move line items around in a quote 

- You are no longer able to insert line items anywhere except the bottom of the quote

- You are no longer able to duplicate line items

- The column width for 'Description' is too narrow

The whole process is now seriously time consuming and annoying - I am considering moving back to Xero unless I see some evidence that MYOB is listening to and acting on the feedback from real users.

6 Comments
STE2013
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree and are ready to move to XERO

RowenaW
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks for your comment, I have had zero response from MYOB regarding my feedback despite posting a couple of times about the issues. Very poor.

zenamaria
2 Posts
User

Totally agree!! Quoting is now annoying! Our work involves heavy description of work undertaking and the narrow coloumns make that difficult. 

RowenaW
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Thank you @zenamaria It would be nice if MYOB actually responded and acted on this feedback wouldn't it?! Nothing feels upgraded about this 'upgrade'.

The numbering for invoices and quotes is also an issue - it is ridiculous that the last number you use for a quote becomes the next number for an invoice. More time wasted going back and forth fixing this.

APM2015
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi 

Has there been any progress on be able to adjust the coloumns I am on the invoice screen and not able to see the full Invoice Number! 

relly someone though this was a good idea?  

Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
726 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, @APM2015. Thank you for your post.

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We're happy to let you know that the problem has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience. If you experience any more issues, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll be glad to help.

Best regards,

Hannah