Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB Invoices (app): Capture expenses

Cover User

1Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

It would great to be able to add expenses using the MYOB on the go app. I have used other online accounting software services that enab has function. The competitors app allows you to take a photo of the receipt, upload to the database, then reconsile once the feed is received from the bank. 

"MYOB on the go app - Add expenses"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2019

Hi All,

Earlier this year we had released MYOB Capture that allows you to do just this. You can take an image of your receipts and have them uploaded to your MYOB In Tray for processing. This app is now available for both Android and iOS.

Please also feel free to check out our collected FAQ's surrounding MYOB Capture on this post: MYOB Capture FAQs - Turn your phone into a receipt scanner

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Product Team

@Nick26 @DebTraj @Breeanna @RendoTech @JamesSullivan 

12 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

This is essential ....I am having clients leave for QBO because it has this feature...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a date when the intray feature can be used to match to bank feeds directly to allow for transactions matched using rules.

An app would be nice...but you can get a scanning app for next to nothing (yes a bit of setup time ) but you could be scanning fuel receipts etc straight into the intray & wouldn't it be great if they could then show up as a match against the bank feed  matching on the Optical Character Recognition features within the in tray to match to the transactions on same date with same amount.

WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG......I like essentials and I dont want anymore clients to leave to QBO.

AlliKat82
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree.  Every month I am having to chase people for receipts to reconcile with the bank statement. if they could scan it straight to the database it would be a HUGE time saver.

Please implement this

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

any time frame on such an implementation....or should I just let clients go to QBO

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JamesSullivan

At this stage we don't have a direct time frame for when this particular idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program.  However we are still encouraging members of the MYOB Community that would like to see when this particular idea will be implemented to show their support for the idea by voting.

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have given up on voting for things on here waste of time.  Clearly if you followed some of the discussions on here you would see its a very obvious need...everyone that has bothered to set up rules for transactions for clients on a cash basis cant use the intray feature.

I have clients signing up for QBO in droves because they can use the QBO scanning app to record receipts for their cash transactions (for job costing and headers as well).  You might note that we are no longer have the number of essentials clients growing on our dashboard ....because of your delays in adding such features or providing an app to do this.  This combined with the advertising and pricing of QBO means its very difficult to get a client onto myob essentials.

Our practice uses myob practice software and I would prefer our clients used myob software as well for the integraton benefits but the lack of these features together with cost is making it very difficult to maintain clients on myob.

I also use facebook to monitor issues and ask questions for both Xero and Quickbooks  on their professional users group pages and i find it extremely useful i always get several answers back within an hour from other professional users...and they also have company moderators giving feedback as well.  Why doesn't myob have such a professional users group on myob.

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

dont hold your breath been asking for this for 2 years

RendoTech
2 Posts
Cover User

Love this idea. I am often on the go and need to refer to an expense bills but have to wait unitl I am in the office or log on to the sit on my phone which is annoying and hard to use due to the viewing screen

Burrows
1 Post
Cover User

Myob app idea

We should be able to take photos of receipts with our phones and link them to transactions would make it a lot easier to keep hard copies of receipts.

MichaelTrilford
9 Posts
Former Staff

Good morning community,

If you follow MYOB on social media, you may have seen posts that we are currently on day 2 of our annual hackday! My team is looking into solving this problem, and I'm interested in knowing what type of transactions the community would expect to link receipts to exactly?

» Banked?

• Bankfeeds?

» Unbanked?

• Spend money?
    Bills?

Thanks,
Mike.

Breeanna
1 Post
Cover User

I completely agree with this idea. I was previously using another software where I was able to access the app on my mobile and upload photo of all my expenses which made this easy for my accountant to view and was super quick for me to add and then I would file my receipts. Since moving to MYOB Essentials I can no longer do this and have to try and get my printer/scanner to work in order for me to scan documents to my computer then upload, takes me so much longer.