Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay bills: Show Supplier Invoice number

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi Team!

Can we please have all invoice numbers listed on the 'enter supplier payment - expense' page? It currently only shows the generated MYOB data number which is of no use.

We often have multiple inovices to be paid for one supplier but as it doesn't show the invoice numbers we can't easily select the items we want to pay

Thanks!

"invoice number now showing under enter a payment - expenses"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2014

Thanks for your suggestion, I see that you've posted this before but it has only been added into one of the two placed that you'd like. This being carried through to the Enter Supplier Payments section as well is certainly an option that we could look at. As always, please remember to vote if you'd like to see this added too.

7 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your suggestion, I see that you've posted this before but it has only been added into one of the two placed that you'd like. This being carried through to the Enter Supplier Payments section as well is certainly an option that we could look at. As always, please remember to vote if you'd like to see this added too.
Kieren
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree. I started using the invoice number in both fields so it would be easier to find but something's don't have an invoice number eg: receipt for petrol. Winked much prefer to show both numbers, (MYOB auto generated number and invoice number. 

jeep15cba
12 Posts
Cover User

When trying to pay a single purchase it is difficult to find it as the Bill # is the only reference instead of Supplier Invoice #.

Not having a supplier invoice number makes it very difficult to apply a payment to the correct Supplier Invoice if it has no reference other than Bill number.

VickiS
Experienced Partner
73 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes it makes it difficult to apply to correct invoice for each supplier without this field.  Although used for very small SME's, it is having issues when the SME in that inbetween area of ESS and ARL and these features are required.  

FirmFigures
3 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree, I feel any accounting software should have this basic accounting information on it.  I am amazed MYOB Essentials was even released without the Invoice Number being on the Pay Bills screen, it's not even an option.  

I was on a 30 day trial and now looking at other companies software packages, due to 3 reasons this is one of them.!

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Nearly impossible to carry out reconciliations between supplier statemements and our records. PLEASE SUBSTITUTE THE EX000... NUMBERS GENERATED BY MYOB (NOBODY NEEDS) WITH BILL NUMBERS ENTERED BY USERS ON BILL REPORTS - AND WITHOUT ANY FURTHER DELAY. Thank you.

Tools
1 Post
Cover User

I can belive that this issue of not being able to see the suppliers invoice number in the "Pay Bills" screen was first raised in 2015 and its now almonst 2018 and still no resolution. I guess invoice numbers arent really that relevent in an accounting program.....

@jeep15cba wrote:

When trying to pay a single purchase it is difficult to find it as the Bill # is the only reference instead of Supplier Invoice #.

Not having a supplier invoice number makes it very difficult to apply a payment to the correct Supplier Invoice if it has no reference other than Bill number.