Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay bills: Tabbing into the Payment amount

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

There needs to be a better strategy implemented in the supplier payment interface.  We can easily have over 100 transactions for a month for one supplier and the current set up is beyond a joke.  You are unable to bring a supplier up and then enter payment and use the tab function.  You have to click on each line in the payment amount heading with your mouse, enter the amount and then click on the next line. If you try to tab at the moment it goes straight to save button.  

The supplier payment interface needs full tab functionality implemented and also a tick box so that if you have 100 transactions for one supplier that you are paying at the same time you can just click on each box and ensure your total up the top is the amount that your paying and then its done.  It takes so long manually entering each amount and very easy to be out one or two cents out and then you have to spend another 10-15 minutes checking each line to ensure youve inputed the correct payment amount.

"Supplier Payment"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

The use of Tab key within the MYOB Essentials, Create supplier payments window will allow you to navigate through the window. This does include navigating to the Amount field for bills to pay.

12 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I am not sure what the problem is v2013 seems to run the same as v19 - if you open Pay Bills and put a figure in the amount box and then click down the $$ column. I tend to put a larger sum than an eyeball calculation of the numbers, complete the clicking process, then click in the amount box. Of course you can use the exact figure from you Purchases Register.

If you prefer to tab you do need to set your cursor somewhere in the first open bill line but from then on it is four tabs per payment - not too onerous!

Very hard to go wrong as MYOB yells about Unbalanced Transaction if you still have not used all of the money

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Are you serious??? Lol

i purposefully logged back on now to test your theory, everytime I tab regardless of where I put my cursor in the first line once I get to the amount column and enter the amount and then tab it still goes to save. Yes it's fine for one or two transactions but when you have hundreds of transactions to the one supplier that you pay monthly it's tedious, very tedious, that you have to click on each line.

im not an idiot I do realise that myob yells if the balance is wrong...... But it's not much fun going through hundreds of transactions and cross referencing the amount due with the amount paid trying to find a little error like typing .23 instead of .32.

this is an ideas exchange so I have put up an idea for it to be considered. It really would be a lot better if you could just click on a tick box it would take less than 2min to pay a hundred plus invoices to the one supplier as opposed to how long it takes now.

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Ok, I just had another go myself and tabbed through as I suggested - no problems. Can you let us know which version you are using and try it in your Clearwater file, there is a mob called Underwater Springs that has several Open Invoices and about $21K in total - i have had no problems with tabbing through

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback on this HEATHZ, we're certainly happy to look into making this screen more user friendly either by adding a tick option or making, making the tab function as you would expect or both. Other users who would like to see this added please remember to vote to show your support.
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Thanks for your suggestions here Ron, this is discussing MYOB Essentials, formerly LiveAccounts, which does not work the same way as AccountRight and the way that HEATHZ has described it is correct.

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Phew I thought I was going crazy as I had tried a few different times and couldnt get it to work as Ronatbas had described lol

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@HEATHZ 

My apologies -  the words Essentials Idea Exchange have been put at the top of the page in huge font for me to ignore and blunder on. Thanks @Matthew_W for picking up on it. I am off to the top of the page to vote for a change

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

No worries @ronatbas - can happen to the best of us! We appreciate you trying to help and we certainly hope the new branding for MYOB Essentials helps avoid confusion like this in future.

Thanks,

Jason

HuskyHire_Equip
1 Post
Cover User

When entering a payment of a bill after creating a bill and pressing pay bill button I use the TAB button to move between windows to entre data but you cannot tab to Date selection and have to manually click on the date to enter the payment date if the supplier has already been entre automatically by MYOB.

The date on that is displayed should be the same as the payment due date of the Invoice / Entered bill as a default when opening the pay bill window to pay the bill.

At times I have missed the date selection on the pay bill page and only pick it up when reconciling.

VickiS
Experienced Partner
73 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes lets simplify this so it makes the Essentials software more user friendly than it is.  A bit clunky for my liking.