Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Quotes: Add Save and Copy (as with invoices)

Contributing User

9Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

Ideally we could use recurring quote templates, but alternately it would be great to be able to take an existing quote and just save a copy and change the details. Cheers. 

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2018

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials has the option Duplicate on quotes (as well as invoices). Selecting this option will duplicate the current transaction, saving it and allowing for a copy of that quote to be created for changes to be made/saving for a new quote.

31 Comments
NickyDebut
1 Post
User

I agree. It would be great to be able to take an existing quote or invoice, create a copy and then change the details.

McKay_Tech
3 Posts
User
I would like to see the ability to copy the body of my invoice or quote. I often do very simmilar jobs that require a lot orthe same items and the description remains mostly the same.
ScottWaller
2 Posts
User

Yes please I would love this.  I now have to retype the sames quote 10 times for a big job.

UUGH

Scott

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

I'm desperate for this feature this would save us hours! Are there any workarounds for the meantime?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @G_I

Thank you for your enquiry and voting for into this idea.

Currently there is no direct workaround for saving quotes information to be used on another transaction, Information would need to be retyped onto the additional quote's if required. Alternatively you could use the Invoices>>Save and Copy option, however this would involved creating those transactions as invoices rather than quotes.

Adrian1963
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

I often create simmilar invoices and quotes sending them to different clients.  It would be a great enhancement if MYOB Essentials allowed me to select an existing quote or invoice and create copy, then allow me to edit some of the details of the copy such as Customer etc.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Adrian1963

Thank you for your idea 

Would you mind confirming what program you are suggesting this particular idea for? i.e. MYOB Essentials or AccountRight or another MYOB product or service.

Adrian1963
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

MYOB Essentials

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Adrian1963

Thank you for clarifying that information

When you do to save an invoice in MYOB Essentails you get the option of the Save button. To the right of that is the button is a drop down. Within here you can select to Save & Copy. This will save the invoice that you are working on and copy it so you can change the customer, amounts.. as required.

Attachments - Copy (2).PNG

Adrian1963
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

Yep, I see that but can this functionality also be added to quotes?

Adrian.