Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Quotes: Change wording to be "Estimate"

User

1Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

i would like to do estimation on it can i change the wording so i can?

"quote page"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi @Cree8

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and the Quote page.

Currently it will only show the wording "Quote". I would encourage other users that would like to see the option or the wording permanently charged to be estimation instead of quote to vote and comment if required.

14 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Cree8

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and the Quote page.

Currently it will only show the wording "Quote". I would encourage other users that would like to see the option or the wording permanently charged to be estimation instead of quote to vote and comment if required.

Tradecraft
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Hey

Really not something that needs any discussion, unless you think everyone works in the same area?  I’m an electrical service mechanic (electrician) and you do software, oh different???  So then not everyone does the same work, can we agree? For example;  My lawyer only estimates.  That means there are at least two other industries in the work force that can't always use the word “QUOTE”.  What plant are the IT guys from?

“I would encourage other users that would like to see the option or the wording permanently charged to be estimation instead of quote to vote”   OH please, come on, how can you think like that?    Are you trying to be a politician?   I’m sure you can justify why it cant be done.

Please just change it to an option.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Tradecraft

Thank you for your additional comments in regards to this idea. We do understand that MYOB Essentials is used by a variety of business and company's to manage their accounts. This idea has been suggested to allow users the ability to change the wording on their transactions from Quote (which is currently) to be Estimate.  

All ideas are passed onto the team for their inclusion in the program. The voting system on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange allows for the program development team to get an indication of the number of MYOB Community Forum members that would like to see a particular idea included in the program.  If an idea does receive a lot of votes we do look at making it high demand which may increase its chances of getting developed ahead of an idea with less votes.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Whakarongotai
1 Post
Cover User

I need the OPTION to use the word "Estimate" instead of quote.  

I understand it is already available in other software such as account right standards but use a mac so essentials is my only option.  Although there are only a few votes so far it does not mean it's not HUGELY important to us and chances are there are hundreds of others who will use the "estimate" option but don't know this forum exists or don't have the time to register and vote (my husband is one example).

It shouldn't be too difficult to copy over some programming you already have in another product and add it to this one.

Have a great week and I eagerly look forward to being able to use this option in the near future.

DamienNikora
1 Post
User

It's annoying to have to register and find this particular forum to put forward needed changes.  Please make an ESTIMATE option available asap.

GlennSparrow
38 Posts
Former Staff

It woudl be great for tradespeople to be able to rename a Quote to an Estimate in Essentials.  This will help them with the quoting process as an estimate is what is normally provided as work can "blow out"

Balu
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

is it possible to change QUOTE to ESTIMATE in Myob Essential.

Beeing a contractor and having to be "flexible' with lots of the jobs we do, would require to provide our customers with an "ESTIMATE ONLY" .

Can anyone help please.

Thanks a lot

Herbie

Jodee
2 Posts
Cover User

Being able to create an estimate first, that could then be changed to a quote then if successful an invoice would be so useful. 

We are a building company where it is impossible to give a quote (a price you must stick to) when a lot of clients dont have final drawings etc.

Jodee
2 Posts
Cover User

Being able to create an estimate first, that could then be changed to a quote then if successful an invoice would be so useful. 

We are a building company where it is impossible to give a quote (a price you must stick to) when a lot of clients dont have final drawings etc.

We create a comprehensive estimate which we have to do in word, which doesn't look as professional as the quotes or invoices created from MYOB.

Please MYOB we need to be able to create an Estimate.

MondoBlu
2 Posts
User

I raised this and was told that I was the first to mention this anomaly (Quotes and estimates are clearly different in law, as per various NZ government websites).

Looking at these posts, apparently I wasn't the first and only my threat to go straight back to Xero got me an reduced price Account Right subscription, whcih apparently can do this for me.

Subsequently, I found that I was eligible for the reduced price option anyway as I've been out on my own for less than 2 years...