Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Ability to hide Discount column

1Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

Can developers please remove the discount column or make it optional within the template ASAP.

Client's customers are asking for discounts on the basis the invoice prints/emails with a discount column and $0.00 in it.

"Remove discount column on New MYOB essentials invoices with Item Layout"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

If the discount column is not used i.e. left at 0.00%, when generating the invoice within MYOB Business the PDF/email copy of the invoice will not contain that column.

10 Comments
emilyv23
2 Posts
Former Staff

I've also had client feedback about this discount column too. Would like the option to have it removed

SLJP
2 Posts
User

Absolutely agree!! We don't offer discounts & it just looks stupid having a discount column full of zeros.  It looks like we're saying to our customers, "We offer discounts but NOT to YOU".  Please create an option to remove the discount column from the invoice template!

shanwa
1 Post
User

Would love this column to be hidden from our invoicing templates if possible.

SerrinM
4 Posts
User

Please remove the discount column immediately. It's not needed by most people and should be an option for people to select. We changed over from Quickbooks to MYOB essentials as MYOB is more cost effective but the amount of time I have wasted trying to remove this column and then explain to clients to ignore it makes me want to switch back to QB. Please listen to the MYOB users and community and remove this dicount column soon! Thank you.

Hulia
Experienced Partner
136 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi I would like multiple "ship to" addresses on Debtors. We use this as the branch name and/or delivery address and have to manually change it every time. 

Hulia
Experienced Partner
136 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi there, can you please advise if New essentials BAS setup has been amended. The PAYGI T1,T2 and T11 fields are missing. I'm not a fan of Essentials but unfortunately I have clients on it. 

studiocom
1 Post
User

I'm just new to Essentials and I'm surprised that you can't custonise which items are shown in an invoice as this simple feature was part of AccountEdge since I started using MYOB 16 years ago!

Invoices are sometimes the only contact we have with customers and it would be great to be able to customise invoices more, I'd especially love to be able to use an image or pdf as a background for the whole invoice, not just the header.

Holliek
1 Post
User

Agreed! Please remove the discount column.  I'm currently using the free trail and I will not commit to buy until this column is removed.  It's a shame because MYOB meets all of my other needs, but I might need to go with Xero instead.  

RamjetPatel
1 Post
User

Agree customers see to 0% discount and wonder why they didn't get any. This is embarrassing for both me and the customer when they are already getting the best price!  Zero is looking like a better option everyday - just listen to the users and make it practical to use or we will all walk

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

If the discount column is not used i.e. left at 0.00%, when generating the invoice within MYOB Business the PDF/email copy of the invoice will not contain that column.