Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Attach PDF to invoices emails

User

2Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

Please reinstate the function to attach PDF to invoice email by ticking the settings box. This was possible before the upgrade. The suggested resolution was that I type invoice, preview PDF, download PDF, then reattach it to the email. It was much faster and more efficient in the pre software update

"Attach PDF to email invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that the email of invoices will now automatically include a PDF attachment of the email. This will show in the Attachments section of the Email window and can be removed if not required or download prior to emailing.

32 Comments
supremm
1 Post
User

my customer wrote.

Kindly set your system so a pdf copy is attached.

We work with an OCR reader for which we required pdf copies that can be extracted from email directly into that software.

katrinamed
4 Posts
User

In addition to adding the pdf attach to email option can we also add back in the ability to print multiple invoices from the Invoices list under the sales tab.

We no longer have the ability to check box. I just had to send 8 invoices to a customer and a job that used to take less than a minute took me 5-10 minutes.

I had to go into each individual invoice, select View PDF then select Export then go to the top and select Save and then a file to save it to for every single one.

Thats 6 steps per invoice just to save a PDF. Crazy!

ZAAAX
7 Posts
User

Just curious, did you receive a notification they were chaning the way we use the dash, or that they were going to change the entire way we use MYOB Ess? I lost all my templates too, did that happent to yu as well?

IllegallyBlonde
1 Post
User

I agree - I just had to wait 4 weeks to be paid as it was missed in the system of my client - they are now due for their next invoice.  I had no idea why they decided not to pay me.

Cygnetics
6 Posts
Cover User

I need that too, softwares are upgraded to improve functionality not degrade

ZAAAX
7 Posts
User

"softwares are upgraded to improve functionality not degrade" < Exactly, if it ain't broke ... yarda yarda

emjayem
Partner
12 Posts
Partner

"softwares are upgraded to improve functionality not degrade" < Exactly, if it ain't broke, leave it alone.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

And the team at MYOB seem so surprised every time I ask them to supply a comprehensive set of release notes with every release.  Without proper release notes it is impossible to be aware of changes that may seem small and insignificant to a developer who lives and works in an ivory tower, but has a significant impact on the people who are trying to use the software efficiently to make their living.

@Steven_M, despite your assurances that you have passed this feedback on to the 'appropriate people', we still do not receive any meaningful release notes each time changes are made to the product.

AlanT

JHell
2 Posts
User

This is essential for all my clients who use DExT and also adds extra work to us bookkeepers on downloading. Not happy Jan 🤨

Vikkir
Partner
9 Posts
Partner

For exactly the reason mentioned above! This is program creators not asking end users what are essential  functions in their system!