Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Different sale types - Service or item

Contributing Partner

10Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Does anyone agree with me that invoicing in LiveAccounts is severely lacking options?????  The stock standard invoice in 4 syle types isn't good enough.  I would like to see:-

1. a choice between sales of goods invoices & service invoices

2. an ability to add text boxes & add text to it

3. changing the font size in certain places within the invoice

4. changing the address on the invoice to the postal address & not residential address

What do other people think?????

Due to the fact that I can't get an invoice done to suit my needs I have resorted to keeping my MYOB AccountRight data file open, continuing to create new invoices in it, processing invoice receipts in it & then printing statements from it.  I then have to code the same invoice receipts in LiveAccounts to 'Accounts Receivable' & do a jnl once a mth or so to bring in the sales totals into LiveAccounts.  Tedious, I know, but this is what I will do until the invoice module of LiveAccounts is improved on.

thank you for your time.

Christine

"Invoicing in LiveAccounts needs to be improved!!!!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for the user to set up invoices as either a Service or Item and services. This option can be selected via the Layout type option in the Invoice and quote settings.

3 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi Christine, thank you for your feedback. We're always looking at improving the features in Live Accounts like this. Live Accounts is designed to be a basic program to get the basic features covered, as you've said the more complex features are available in our AccountRight range of products. Adding these features is still of course something we are happy to consider.
interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree with Christine, especially relating to service invoice instead of a goods invoice.  If the 'item' section is ued by a service business to reduce the time typing (because no recurring entries are available), then the item number shows on the invoice.  We should be able to have the choice as to whethe we want this as an internal feature which our clients can't see or leave it as is.  

Service businesses will also want to be able to have headers etc on invoices which don't have any dollar figures on it and at the moment its not easily done.

The Postal address should be the default address used on reports - especially invoices, as I would prefer cheques be mailed to my PO Box rather than my street address for safety issues.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for the user to set up invoices as either a Service or Item and services. This option can be selected via the Layout type option in the Invoice and quote settings.