Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Invoice line without value

Cover User

4Posts

99Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

There needs to be an option in invoice settings whereby the first line can be text only without having to allocate an account, tax type or amount.  Currently I have to allocate an account, tax type and zero $value to a text only line.  For example I wish to give details of the job completed and then in subsequent lines record the hours worked and materials used.  An option similar to Account Right whereby you can insert a Header line without a $value.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to insert a blank row on their invoices (ellipsis on far right). This allows the user to enter a description-only line for that invoice.

15 Comments
renee4444
11 Posts
User

i agree with this, this is exactly my problem. However my problem is in Accountright Basics. Please change.

AandKPlumber
1 Post
Cover User

We have the same issue. It doesn't look very professional sending out invoices with a zero in the first entry where there is only an address and description of work completed.

We would love a description only first line.

Busygirlange
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, to be able to have header lines would be great.  Often I need to provide breakdowns on our invoices, such as date headers.

Kizzaaa
5 Posts
Cover User

This would be great, we often need to give our jobs a name and then separate items for invoicing underneath with corresponding costs.

DebRNZ
3 Posts
User

Yes please. This would be great!!

Would like to see this idea implemented. This has been posted as an idea quite a few times over the past few years that I can see.

EllaAlly
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Currently I don't think there is a way of adding a title to a service sales invoice as all lines of the invoice have to be coded to an account , tax code and amount

I have added my title to the top line and pressed enter, then added the detail of my invoice line to the next line - so this is a good start for a resolution here..BUT

now the value is aligning with my title as opposed to aligning with the detail associated with it..the 2nd line.

Is it possible to align the value on the amount column with the bottom of my detail box, or to have a choice on this?

Peta60
4 Posts
Cover User

Still no progress on the idea.  Come on MYOB.  We need this changed.

@Peta60 wrote:

There needs to be an option in invoice settings whereby the first line can be text only without having to allocate an account, tax type or amount.  Currently I have to allocate an account, tax type and zero $value to a text only line.  For example I wish to give details of the job completed and then in subsequent lines record the hours worked and materials used.  An option similar to Account Right whereby you can insert a Header line without a $value.

Rob37
2 Posts
Cover User

add a desciption with no value or tax type to the top of the invoice to act as a heading / main desctiption for the invoice.  The notes section is only for supplimentary notes and is not placed to title the invoice.

Thanks,

Rob

Tektite
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

This would be great.

AllAboutPlannin
2 Posts
User

Amen brother - there needs to be an ability to insert a title for the invoice along with headings within the invoice description table without a tax type or value.  Otherwise change the invoice finalisation point to allow uncompleted value or tax type fields. 

In addition the notes section is in now way shape or form suitable for an invoice title needed for our work which are site or location specific for each invoice.

If I can't resolve this then MYOB Essentials (which we've only just got) is not suitable for my company operations.