Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Packing Slips

Cover User

2Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I have a couple ideas that I think need to be urgently added to Myob Essentials.  

Firstly you can not discount on your invoices, this is such a basic feature that I can not believe Myob did not think it necessary to add in to Essentials.  

Also you cannot print a packing slip! Again a basic feature left out.

When entering a new item, you have to enter the price ex gst. Another headache I did not need & again I am sure an easy add on for Myob.

Hopefully if enough people leave similar ideas for essentials Myob will add them in.  As a business owner I have to say they will really speed up my time wasting issues.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thank you for your suggestions @Loanne8  Our idea exchange allows other users to vote for your suggestions, so that our developers can see which suggestions are the most popular. For this reason, we ask that you make a single suggestion per idea, so that we can see which ideas are being voted for and respond appropriately.

You can add add a discount when recording an invoice by adding a line with negative price to the invoice. This will come off of the total for the invoice. You can also record discounts when settling the invoice by typing the discount amount in the 'discounts given' column on the customer payments screen.

In regards to entering item prices with tax, this suggestion has been made previously. I recommend that you vote for this idea here:

Option to enter item prices either inclusive or exclusive of GST

In regards to packing slips, I can certainly see how some businesses using Essentials may wish to use packing slips. Anyone else who would like to see packing slips in MYOB Essentials, please cast your vote here.

32 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestions @Loanne8  Our idea exchange allows other users to vote for your suggestions, so that our developers can see which suggestions are the most popular. For this reason, we ask that you make a single suggestion per idea, so that we can see which ideas are being voted for and respond appropriately.

You can add add a discount when recording an invoice by adding a line with negative price to the invoice. This will come off of the total for the invoice. You can also record discounts when settling the invoice by typing the discount amount in the 'discounts given' column on the customer payments screen.

In regards to entering item prices with tax, this suggestion has been made previously. I recommend that you vote for this idea here:

Option to enter item prices either inclusive or exclusive of GST

In regards to packing slips, I can certainly see how some businesses using Essentials may wish to use packing slips. Anyone else who would like to see packing slips in MYOB Essentials, please cast your vote here.

skinpack
4 Posts
User

Please add packing slips to essentials as this was available in our Account Edge software and any business who ships product will require a packing slip for every shipment.

skinpack
4 Posts
User

Is there any update to adding the option to print a packing slip when printing an invoice? Surely you can add a tick box to the invoice screen to also print a packing slip without $$$ values. This is a very basic feature and creates alot of extra work, please consider?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @skinpack

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Currently the idea has been marked as Under Consideration. We do not a time frame from when this idea will be marked as in development.  At this point in time we are still encouraging clienst to vote and comment for this particular idea.

To vote for this particular idea select the + Vote button to the left of the idea's name.

Chris_111
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree with the Packing Slip/Delivery Docket requirement. This is a basic need for any business that ships out goods. 

It seems very odd that MYOB have an inventory (item) system, yet it does not allow for a Packing Slip to be printed.

Has there been any progress on this matter?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Chris_111

Currently MYOB Essentials doesn't allow for the printing payslips. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be placed in development/implemented into the program. However its great to see that you have showed your support for this idea by voting.

Sinca
2 Posts
Cover User

Such a basic need in most businesses how it was not considered in development is beyond me.

Please Please add the ability to print packing slips.

Becky-Lou
2 Posts
Cover User

Please add packing slips! This is definitely a must need. 

Especially when MYOB essentials is being sold at food shows to food wholesalers - wholesalers have to have packing slips. Without them we arent allowed to do business with major companies so please add this as soon as possible. In addition - your suggestions to not include GST or prices is a valid idea, except that the words 'invoice' or 'GST' are not allowed present on a packing slip in the food industry. 

On a side note - Has there been any updates on this? How many votes are required to make turn this into a 'in development'.

Thanks 

Becky 

estamping
1 Post
Cover User

As a company trialing essentials, i must say that without the feature of packing slips added or at very least an answer regarding it's implementation, sadly our search for accounting software will continue. Essentials has a lot to offer, however a fundimental key missing really lets it down.

Peter

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Becky-Lou @estamping,

Thank you very much for your interest in this idea, we have passed your feedback to the developers for consideration. 

Currently this idea is definitely on the consideration list, there is no set number of votes to make an idea implemented, every vote and comment helps our developers to identify the needs and prioritise their work.

As much as we'd like to implement every ideas, our developers do need to assess numbers of factors such as the impact level, popularity, resources required for the development, other requested features, different approaches to development and more, and allocate the developer resources accordingly. 

We would encourage anyone who's interested in this idea to cast your vote, and leave any additional suggestions about this idea. We will update the status accordingly when it moves into the planning and development stage.