Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Purchase Order character limit increase

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

As a new user to MYOB Essentials I have been unable to fit in the Purchase Order Number I have been given in the box on the tax invoice.

This is going to happen repeatedly with this particular customer as I am always 3 characters short on being able to list the purchase order number given.

Is there any way this box can accept more characters or be customised in any way?

"Purchase Order Number not fitting in box on tax invoice"

15 characters

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

The Customer PO Number field on invoices has a character limit of 20 characters within MYOB Essentials.

Note: This sales change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

5 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Sounds like you deal with Coca Cola Smiley Happy -they run a 15 character alphanumeric that is a pain. Work backwards -so that if you need to reference it you can quote the last 8 (?) digits.

Ron

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see the purchase order number field on invoices made larger, please cast your vote here, and comment stating how many characters you require.

mrnobrakes
3 Posts
Cover User

How do I enter Purchase Order numbers greater than 15 digits long?

'How do I enter Purchase Order numbers greater than 15 digits long?"

Smax88
1 Post
User

When creating invoices, many of the purchase order numbers i need to enter accurately in order to be paid, will not fit in the "purchase order" part. I am sometimes 3-4 number too short. This needs to be increased to allow bigger numbers. I think right now it allows up to 16 symbols. This is nowhere near enough. Many purchase orders, especially when they are for return trips or maintenace requests are incredibly long, filled with numbers, letters and symbols. EG: 1111-111/11111.21XYZ

Customers will reject invoices that do not have complete and accurate Purchase Order numbers. I'm currently including full numbers within the description, but this defeats the purchase of the Purchase Order line, and many customers are still rejecting and sending invoices back. 

If this problem can't be fixed, I will have to move to another accounting software.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Customer PO Number field on invoices has a character limit of 20 characters within MYOB Essentials.

Note: This sales change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.