Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Warn for duplicate invoice numbers

4Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New
New

We have multiple people putting in invoices and sometimes we end up with multiple invoices with the same invoice number, could there be a check or a reservation of invoice number made to stop this happening.

"Check for duplicate invoice numbers"

7 Comments
NotoriousBball
2 Posts
User

that was a great feature, i can't believe they removed it

essentialuser1
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yes this would be great

NikiG
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

I agree!  We have ongoing issues with duplicate invoice numbers also.

H_Design
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

In the old Account Edge Basic, in the SALES list you could view ALL SALES (inc's quotes and Invs) in cronological order all in the same list. At the moment in Essentials, you cannot select "do not allow quote/invoice numbers to be duplictaed" and so it is possible to have duplicate numbers BUT it is not possible at the moment to see all the used numbers in order to identify if there are duplicates.

PLEASE include in sales setup, a checkbox to "warn if quote/invoice number has been used" AND the option to "delete quote once converted to invoice"

PLEASE make it possible to view all quotes/invoices by ref number in one list. At the moment it can't even be done in the reports

ALSO the continuous numbering when changing from quote creation to invoice creation is not continuous.....please make thes automatic so if you create a quote and then an invoice, thenumbering is consecutive.

These are features that were in place in the Account edge and have been lost in Essentials. Please make Essentials an improvement on what you had, not a step (or 3) backwards ;-)

H_Design
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

NEEDED - 2 X CHECK BOXES just like previous versions of MYOB

1. "WARN OF DUPLICATED QUOTE/INVOICE NUMBERS"

2."DELETE QUOTE WHEN CONVERTED TO INVOICE?"

IF ABOVE NOT DONE THEN.......

THE ABILITY TO LIST ALL THE QUOTE & INVOICE NUMBERS CONSECUTIVELY IN ONE LIST WITHOUT EXPORTING  - EITHER AS A REPORT OR UNDER SALES TAB

mehroke
3 Posts
User

I am seeing duplicate invoice numbers - Please advise how to fix this issue

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @mehroke,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these with the MYOB Business/Essential platform. I'll have this passed on to the relevant team.

With regard to your issue of invoice numbers duplicating, at the moment there's no setting that we can set up to warn a user for duplication when creating invoices. In the meantime, you'll need to manually change the invoice number. Once changed, this will automatically change the sequence of numbering. 

Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess