Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
ultimatepallet
1 Post
User

i believe there should be a function in LiveAccount to reproduce recurring Invoices or Transactions

DebW
3 Posts
User

This would be a great if  transactions could be set up as recurring. It would also help with  running payable reports and budgeting.

Recurring
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

The recurring transactions function in all previous versions of MYOB is a fantastic tool. It it one of the functions that puts MYOB ahead of all other accounting softwares.  A similar function would be fantastic in MYOB LiveAccounts.

Thank you

Rudies86
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I raised this several months ago and still no function for recurring transactions - how hard can it be?

ConsiliumT
4 Posts
User

Or even to be able to save an existing invoice as a template.

DTTech
1 Post
User

I would like to be able to setup recurring sales transactions to some of our clients and have then automatically email the invoices to the customers email address stored in their card. This would help us immensly as we do not run MYOB on a regular basis and most of our invoices are for a fixed monthly amount.

This is a feature which I can currently only find in Xero. Hope MYOB can implement this request ASAP.

geordiemel
1 Post
User

Definately - being able to produce a recurring invoice would save a lot of time - Accountright Standard has this and is used each month

37southdesign
2 Posts
User

Is there an estimated date for implementing recurring invoicing? As this feature would really enhance your product.

Stazz
1 Post
User

Hi developers,

I'm an accountant and have seen it so many times however noone has been able to do it yet. Not xero not myob no one, yet it seems like such an easy task.

Being able to do an invoice so for my volleyball club that I do accounts for, for example I have 250 players that I need to invoice the same amount for fees each year.

So being able to create one invoice that has $100 fees for the year and then going to customer and ticking all the customers that need to be charged that invoice with it automatically changing the reference numbers etc.

This is so adaptable to so many industries and so many clients I don't understand why noone has done it yet. 

Please feel free to develop and let me know when you have complete it!

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi 

MYOB needs to develop his feature as Xero allows to create a invoice for multiple customers by using contact groups.

In MYOB, it is possible to select multiple customers when creating a new recurring sales invoice by copying an existing recurring transaction but  when the new recurring transaction is saved, it creates an individual recurring transaction for each customer selected, Therefore to create all the sales invoices by selecting each recurring transaction created and then click on use recurring transaction. For 250 customers this is a very time consuming process. The solution would be add a check box slection column to the recurring transaction screens allowing users to select multiple recurring transactions before clicking on use recurring transaction.

Could a better solution be developed using the MYOB API Interface ?