Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Upgrade path to AccountRight

4Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

Please develop an export/import facility between LiveAccounts and AccountRight Live. It shouldn't be that hard.

"Upgrade Path LiveAccounts to AccountRight Live"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

An easier upgrade path from MYOB Essentials Accounting to AccountRight is definitely something our developers are considering to introduce. We would love to hear everyone's feedback, If you are interested in this idea please show your support by casting your vote and leave suggestions below if required.

26 Comments
DoomGoblin
4 Posts
User

Finding it hard to believe that Essentials is quite such a backward step from Accountright... 

Particularly painful is the absence of an import for my existing chart of accounts but actually need to have the history going back 7 years to meet legal compliance and I started with MYOB in 2006 so having the whole history would be ideal.

The process for importing and updating the data is a time-waster for a small business owner...

Two options are apparent:

1. MYOB convert and import the data.
  2. MYOB provides the tools to undertake a clean update of the system.

What seems to be missing is a way to do the trial balances and confirmation that the allocation is correctly set when comparing old data with new...

Currently a bit underwhelmed by the experience and not yet using my Essentials account but still paying for it!......

Steve

DoomGoblin
4 Posts
User

Agree with this one - I'm personally losing time and/or value with the absence of a fully functional migration tool... The need to reset the whole chart of accounts is one of the biggest areas - particularly as the top-level types have changed...

I added a duplicate idea yesterday (couldn't find this one when I looked - sorry) 

Sad to find that there isn't already 1:1 functionality match between AccountRight and Essentials - old premise that I work on as an ICT professional is that I don't make things worse or harder by introducing change.... AccountRight should have been the baseline functional model...

DoomGoblin
4 Posts
User

Vote and comment added in the other idea...

In the absence of a tool, what help is on offer from MYOB???

Cheers

Steve

mkirby
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I support this idea 100%.  I cannot believe any one would develop a system that does not allow for migration between differing levels of licenses.  As the previous poster said this should have been a baseline functionality included from the start.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DoomGoblin & @mkirby

Thank you for voting for this idea and your feedback. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DoomGoblin 

Thank you for casting your vote and your feedback on that other idea.

If you are going from AccountRight to Essentials you can export out your Customers, Supplier and Items out of AccountRight for import into Essentials.

For more information into exporting data out of AccountRight please see Help Article: Exporting data
For more information into importing that data into Essentials please see Help Article: Import - Export

DoomGoblin
4 Posts
User

Xero are offering free migration of existing accountright customers and their data to their product.

How can MYOB help to retain me as a customer, the absence of a tool (promised in March last year) means I've wasted several months of subscription to MYOB and there is no real answer other than spending more time (= more money) to migrate from one version of MYOB to the next....

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DoomGoblin 

Thank you for your feedback.

Our developers are investigating and working on building a reliable tool to migrate data across.

Nichola
1 Post
User
I'm really disappointed that I've setup myob essentials, now as my business is growing there is no chance of me easily transitioning into account right. There should be a backup system to be able to backup all of my records and info and be able to easily transfer it into account right. If I have to completely setup my business again moving into account right... You may loose me to Xero. Is there anyway to solve this issue? Regards. Nichola
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

An easier upgrade path from MYOB Essentials Accounting to AccountRight is definitely something our developers are considering to introduce. We would love to hear everyone's feedback, If you are interested in this idea please show your support by casting your vote and leave suggestions below if required.