Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Tax types: Update ABN Not Disclosed Withholdings to be 47%

Partner

40Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Partner
Australia

I am a new user to MYOB Essentials, although not a new user to MYOB as I've had many years experience using MYOB AR Live,  I am gobsmacked that there appears to be no way we can create or edit a tax code.

On this package I wonder what bookkeepers do when dealing with a business who does not provide their ABN, currently the "No ABN Withholding" rate is 47% and MYOB Essentials does not have a tax code to deal with this scenario. Woeful as this is pretty basic !

It would be greatly appreciated if this tax code could be added

"Tax Code No ABN Withholding 47%:

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials has the tax code "ABN - No ABN Withholding". This particular tax code has a value of 47%. Users can also edit that tax code rate if required.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials has the tax code "ABN - No ABN Withholding". This particular tax code has a value of 47%. Users can also edit that tax code rate if required.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.